Brock Purdy breaks school record for total yards in a game in 3 quarters

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
It was very nice to see ISU / Brock Purdy highlights on ESPN Final last night / this morning - even though neither team is ranked, and the game was on FSN1. BTW, they did not show ANY highlights on the same show in 2002 Mizzou Game (even though ISU was still ranked and they showed all available ranked highlights back then) - when Seneca set his record, because the game was not on TV anywhere! So, 17 years later, I think I might finally be able to get over that 2002 Cyclone slight from so many years ago!

:D

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Not sure who handles scheduling but this game should have been before Iowa. Bye week was a mistake. Could have used another game to work the kinks out.

Why is this even an issue?

ISU had ample opportunities to beat Iowa, and beat Iowa handily without even playing that well.

It happens.

Baylor is this week so the timing for the ULM game was great.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Re-al
Why is this even an issue?

ISU had ample opportunities to beat Iowa, and beat Iowa handily without even playing that well.

It happens.

Baylor is this week so the timing for the ULM game was great.
So because we had chances, it wasn’t an issue? That’s illogical.

Generally teams get better from playing games. The opponent having twice as many game reps is a decided advantage, and it wouldn’t need to be much of one to change the outcome of a 1-point loss.

Last edited:

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Re-al

So because we had chances, it wasn’t an issue? That’s illogical.

Generally teams get better from playing games. The opponent having twice as many game reps is a did advantage, and it wouldn’t need to be much of one to change the outcome of a 1-point loss.

No, it's not illogical.

Last year, sure, a full game helps ISU vs. Iowa. But even then ISU's general scheme was bad.

This year, ISU got a game, plenty of things to work on and clean up, and they didn't do it. It's really not more than that.

The rest is just searching for excuses.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
No, it's not illogical.

Last year, sure, a full game helps ISU vs. Iowa. But even then ISU's general scheme was bad.

This year, ISU got a game, plenty of things to work on and clean up, and they didn't do it. It's really not more than that.

The rest is just searching for excuses.
Right, teams don’t get better between game 2 and game 3.

Don’t meltdown. It’s not an excuse, it’s a response to someone that illogically thought having chances against Iowa meant there wasn’t validity to the comment it would have been better to have ULM in Week 2 rather than a bye.

Last edited:

SCarolinaCy

Jun 20, 2011
Greenville, SC
After spotting two turnovers. So he did that in like 2.5 quarters. Room for improvement I guess.
Did anyone notice HOW efficient he was in creating team scoring. It seemed we almost always wasted the first down by running the ball up the middle for no gain. Then, Purdy makes first down on one of the next two downs. It seems we had very few third downs, even.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Did anyone notice HOW efficient he was in creating team scoring. It seemed we almost always wasted the first down by running the ball up the middle for no gain. Then, Purdy makes first down on one of the next two downs. It seems we had very few third downs, even.
Until our RBs start finding the yards, our best offense may be letting Purdy scramble and create. We see how qb play like that frustrates our defense.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Right, teams don’t get better between game 2 and game 3.

Pull out of your lifelong meltdown. It’s not an excuse, it’s a response to someone that illogically thought having chances against Iowa meant there wasn’t validity to the comment it would have been better to have ULM in Week 2 rather than a bye.

Haha, lifelong meltdown?

Should I blame refs and a lack of games for things that ISU has control over and doesn't execute, which is a very normal thing no matter what game?

JFC.

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
What I don’t get is why? I don’t think I’ve ever been compelled to seek out news about the hawks and tweet something dumb. Even on our bye week I’m more concerned with watching all the other games that are on.
No. Can we agree it was a scheduling screw up?
hate to
Disappoint you, but we play Iowa in the second game again next year. Didn’t look any further than that, but not sure what you define as a “screw up”.