Brittney Griner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I for one, am embarrassed by my fellow cyclonefanatics that continue to talk about Griner and other tall women in a very degrading manner. It takes a very small minded man to do that.

Just think, there may be a very tall player out there that ISU is recruiting, who might read these boards while considering ISU and think twice.

We have some of the best WBB fans in the country, unfortunately, it appears that we have some of the worst as well-of course I am left wondering if the individuals on this board making fun of tall women are actually supporters of women's basketball to begin with. Perhaps they are the ones who continue to put down women's basketball as an inferior sport to men's basketball. If so, may I ask, since you do not like this sport or its premiere athletes, please consider yourself free to not be obliged to make any comments on it.

I don't have time to find the article, but I posted it another Griner attack thread, that talks about the deep psychological effects tall women endure from being ridiculed for their height, size, and appearance.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrllCZw8jiM&feature=related]YouTube - Stripes - Don't Call Me Francis[/ame]

Lighten up Francis....

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
I for one, am embarrassed by my fellow cyclonefanatics that continue to talk about Griner and other tall women in a very degrading manner. It takes a very small minded man to do that.

Just think, there may be a very tall player out there that ISU is recruiting, who might read these boards while considering ISU and think twice.

We have some of the best WBB fans in the country, unfortunately, it appears that we have some of the worst as well-of course I am left wondering if the individuals on this board making fun of tall women are actually supporters of women's basketball to begin with. Perhaps they are the ones who continue to put down women's basketball as an inferior sport to men's basketball. If so, may I ask, since you do not like this sport or its premiere athletes, please consider yourself free to not be obliged to make any comments on it.

I don't have time to find the article, but I posted it another Griner attack thread, that talks about the deep psychological effects tall women endure from being ridiculed for their height, size, and appearance.

You have a good point and I have to admit that I expected this thread to get closed a couple of times. However, when you act like Griner does, you open yourself up to a little crap. Then again, I'm probably a small minded guy because although I dated two women who looked me eye to eye flat footed, I'm not sure I could have married one.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
No offense.... but when a female player punches another player in the face and breaks her nose, she opens herself up to criticism on all fronts. End of story.

Reactions: Clonegrad07

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Amen. And I wonder where all the mods are when we have threads like this...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Very well said. You know, BF, like every other coach, would have loved have signed Griner. They sure tried. Khaal53, would you still be be posting these juvenile, abusive posts if she were a Cyclone?

Interesting that there has been no answer to your question...

And I wonder where all the mods are when we have threads like this...

Good question.

Reactions: Tornado man

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Very well said. You know, BF, like every other coach, would have loved have signed Griner. They sure tried. Khaal53, would you still be be posting these juvenile, abusive posts if she were a Cyclone?

Juvenile and abusive? All I said was that she looked like Josh Boone...do we not have look-a-like threads before every football game? I didn't post with the intent of other people responding by questioning gender, my bad for a lack of foresight I guess.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
Interesting that there has been no answer to your question...

Good question.

I'll answer your question then... she's a thug that plays at Baylor and is allowed to act like a thug. IF she played at ISU, BF wouldn't allow her to act the way she does. Yes, we'd love her if she was here, as long as she didn't act like she does now, like punching another player in the middle of the game. And if she was here, you know some of us would still jokingly mention that she looks like Josh Boone. The girl from Michigan St. isn't manly. Michelle Snow a few years ago wasn't accused of being manly when she could dunk and played at Tennessee. Candace Parker is 6'4" and plays better then a lot of men, but she's not considered manly.

As stated earlier, not all 6'9" women look so manly, but she does. It's funny to have a look-a-like thread as we do before every football game. A lot of people got a kick out of this thread with the look-a-like. Lighten up. You guys take things WAY too seriously.

Last edited:

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Yes, we'd love her if she was here, as long as she didn't act like she does now, like punching another player in the middle of the game. And if she was here, you know some of us would still jokingly mention that she looks like Josh Boone.

And some would also call her a man, like you did...

I heard her talk for the first time the other day... and I was like... WHOA! She's a man!

Rather an odd way to show admiration for a player...

As stated earlier, not all 6'9" women look so manly, but she does. It's funny to have a look-a-like thread as we do before every football game.

Yeah, that kind of stuff was funny...back in fifth grade...

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Amen. And I wonder where all the mods are when we have threads like this...

The next time you run into Ms. Griner please pass along my sincere apologies for my inexcusable behavior and for that of my fellow Clone fans.

I will be cheering for her to deliver a knock out punch to UCONN. :wink:

beatiowa

Dec 21, 2008
Berkeley, CA
if she played for Iowa State....she would be getting love like no other here..

If she played for Iowa State....she wouldn't be playing for Iowa State anymore because most of us agree that BF would give any girl the boot if she punched another player. I also don't believe BF would recruit a girl like her too heavily due to his priority of representing the university through athletes with good character.

Half the Griner bashing is because of that incident anyway. There were always comments about her 'manly' appearance - as there are about a lot of less feminine female athletes - but it was the punch that really elevated the attention on her. If DeHaan punched someone the response would probably be about the same. Fact of the matter is physical violence and femininity don't exactly go hand in hand, and she opened that can of worms herself.

Similar to what clonegrad07 said, if she played for Iowa State but without the Mulkey's-golden-thug attitude....THEN she would be getting love like no other here.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
[quoteAmen. And I wonder where all the mods are when we have threads like this][/quote]

They are on the floor laughing at this thread and can't close it.

You have to wonder after that south African chick tested possitive for both man and women parts. So while really freakin funny. This thread could actually be a bunch of posters worried about a man getting over on us instead of a woman. For the record the guys at UCONN will kill them.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
[quoteAmen. And I wonder where all the mods are when we have threads like this]

They are on the floor laughing at this thread and can't close it.

You have to wonder after that south African chick tested possitive for both man and women parts. So while really freakin funny. This thread could actually be a bunch of posters worried about a man getting over on us instead of a woman. For the record the guys at UCONN will kill them.[/QUOTE]

Pop & Anna knocked that dude down a peg or two when Baylor played in Ames. :yes:

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
And some would also call her a man, like you did...
Yes, because I don't like her, she looks like a man, and sounds like one.

Rather an odd way to show admiration for a player...
I never said I have admiration for her at all.

Yeah, that kind of stuff was funny...back in fifth grade...
You don't seem to be jumping on look-alike threads before football games... MAYBE.. JUST MAYBE... you're being a little sensitive...

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
You don't seem to be jumping on look-alike threads before football games...

I did when they first started, because there are always tasteless and crude comparison photos posted.

MAYBE.. JUST MAYBE... you're being a little sensitive...

I just don't get why people derive enjoyment from teasing and ridiculing another person for something that person has no control over.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I did when they first started, because there are always tasteless and crude comparison photos posted.

I just don't get why people derive enjoyment from teasing and ridiculing another person for something that person has no control over.

Yeah, she had no control over punching some girl in the face in the middle of the game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron