Briles sues Baylor - Bring on the Conflagration

IceCyIce

Aug 17, 2009
Grimes
At what point does the NCAA drop the hammer or am I to assume this is acceptable and the norm.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
At what point does the NCAA drop the hammer or am I to assume this is acceptable and the norm.
If the NCAA doesn't drop the hammer on Baylor, they're never going to drop the hammer again.

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
This is like the football version of "spotlight". I'm guessing there is still a lot to be uncovered.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
If the NCAA doesn't drop the hammer on Baylor, they're never going to drop the hammer again.

Baylor: "Oh, please Mr. NCAA, don't punish us. We fired that bad bad man and everything is okay!"

NCAA: "Alrighty then, cool."

Last edited:

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Didn't Briles basically say it was an honest mistake? This took some work to cover all that up.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Didn't Briles basically say it was an honest mistake? This took some work to cover all that up.

Turns out old Art is a really bad person. At this point, this seems as bad as Penn State.

• Agree
Reactions: diaclone

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Perfect example of what you get when you give someone ultimate power with no willingness to abide by societal norms. Baylor wanted wins and was (is) willing to do anything to get the wins. The whole "we want Briles back" movement by donors is the most disturbing aspect of this. The donors were all but saying they were fine with the crimes as long was they got the "W."

What makes this any different from SMU? Both are system-wide, years-long efforts to win at any cost...shut it down.

• Agree
Reactions: TykeClone

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Please drop the hammer on Baylor so they and Kansas can fight for last place and ISU can move up to perennial 8th place.....I say that tongue in cheek because I believe Campbell is going to improve our Big 12 record.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
So Briles is contending that he can not even get a JV high school coaching job?

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
The Local sports talk guys here in Omaha yesterday were discussing this and said if the Big 12 does not use this opening to dump Baylor from the conference, then the whole conference will suffer (image-wise) and we will be the conference that sees no wrong in ongoing sexual abuse and covering it up for the sake of football. I believe they may be absolutely right.

I know Mr. Bowlsby has to act on facts and not allegations, so this may not happen right away, but in the end I think this could be the start of Baylor being out of the Big 12 and at that point going independent would be their only option. If that happens, who would even want to schedule a game with them? For the sake of all those girls, if these cases can be proven then we can only hope for a fitting punishment. But for now we just have to watch and let the facts come out.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
The Local sports talk guys here in Omaha yesterday were discussing this and said if the Big 12 does not use this opening to dump Baylor from the conference, then the whole conference will suffer (image-wise) and we will be the conference that sees no wrong in ongoing sexual abuse and covering it up for the sake of football. I believe they may be absolutely right.

I know Mr. Bowlsby has to act on facts and not allegations, so this may not happen right away, but in the end I think this could be the start of Baylor being out of the Big 12 and at that point going independent would be their only option. If that happens, who would even want to schedule a game with them? For the sake of all those girls, if these cases can be proven then we can only hope for a fitting punishment. But for now we just have to watch and let the facts come out.

They might want to worry about their own conference first.

• Agree
Reactions: keepngoal