Bridget & the Minnesota Lynx

kcdc4isu

Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
Watched the game yesterday. Links started off pretty good but got cold shooting and it was a physical game and some calls did not go their way and lost. Bridget got an elbow to the upper body on a drive by the person she was guarding but nothing was called.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
Congratulations to Bridget!

BTW: What does a "qualifying contract" mean?
Players with up to three years of experience are reserved free agents. A qualifying offer means the team offered the player the minimum contract required to keep the player. Bridget could negotiate a longer-term deal with them, but opted to just accept the offer.

With four or five years of experience, the player becomes a restricted free agent and allowed to seek out a better offer from another team. If they get a better offer, the original team is allowed to keep the player by matching that better offer.

Last edited:

IsUaClone2

May 12, 2006
Northville, MI
Players with up to three years of experience are reserved free agents. A qualifying offer means the team offered the player the minimum contract required to keep the player. Bridget could negotiate a longer-term deal with them, but opted to just accept the offer.

With four or five years of experience, the player becomes a restricted free agent and allowed to seek out a better offer from another team. If they get a better offer, the original team is allowed to keep the player by matching that better offer.

Thanks.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
The Lynx played their first preseason game today. Bridget smartly opted to get some of this season's missed shots out of the way when it doesn't count, going 0-8 from the field (2-2 ft).

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Boo this ! Sims, NEVER passed the ball to Carleton in her previous run in Minnesota. I get that Carleton is like a 4th/5th option but lost track of Sims driving wildly and not even giving Bridget a look as she stands wide open for a three in the corner. I mean Sims is a tunnel vision ball hog but this seems almost personal.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Boo this ! Sims, NEVER passed the ball to Carleton in her previous run in Minnesota. I get that Carleton is like a 4th/5th option but lost track of Sims driving wildly and not even giving Bridget a look as she stands wide open for a three in the corner. I mean Sims is a tunnel vision ball hog but this seems almost personal.

This was the player at Baylor. Some things never change.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Flipped on Lynx game in the 3rd quarter just in time to see the ageless one, Sue Bird, lead something like a 20-2 run to just blast the Lynx off the court.

Carleton had 7 pts 2 ast and 3 stl. Her defense is SO much better than in college.

Lynx roster is a mess:

Minnesota started the season without two-time All-Star Napheesa Collier, who is pregnant and expecting later this month. The Lynx were also without Kayla McBride, who is still playing overseas, and forward Angel McCoughtry due to right knee soreness. It's been a chaotic week for Minnesota that included the signings of Nikolina Milić and Yvonne Turner to contracts on hardship exemptions in order to fill out the roster. - Star Tribune

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Damn, Lynx are REALLY looking bad. Down by 24 at the HALF tonight. :( Never seen them, and Reeves coached, look this hapless.

My wish for Carleton for this season is to just not get hurt.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
And Sims scores a basket and gets an "and one" and flexes for the crowd when down by 24. LOL, she missed the free throw.

This is unwatchable. Channel flipping away.

Edit: Ended up keeping it on in the background as I surfed the interweb. Lynx came back some via better defense. They didn't suck so bad with Carleton playing most of the 4th after not playing at all in the 3rd. Still, not very competitive.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: NWICY