Bridget & the Minnesota Lynx

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

mred

Oct 19, 2006
SE WI
bball.notnothing.net
For her WNBA career, Bridget has more Games Started, Minutes, FGM, FGA, 3PM, 3PA, ORB, DRB, AST, STL, TO, and Fouls than all other former Cyclones combined.

Remaining stats:
Games played: 37 for Bridget, 56 total for other Cyclones (led by Frese and Lacey with 21 each)
FTM: 25 for Bridget, 39 total for other Cyclones (led by Frese with 33)
FTA: 38 for Bridget, 45 total for other Cyclones (led by Frese with 36)
Blocks: 1 for Bridget (finally got one last night), 1 total for other Cyclones (Lacey)

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
For her WNBA career, Bridget has more Games Started, Minutes, FGM, FGA, 3PM, 3PA, ORB, DRB, AST, STL, TO, and Fouls than all other former Cyclones combined.

Remaining stats:
Games played: 37 for Bridget, 56 total for other Cyclones (led by Frese and Lacey with 21 each)
FTM: 25 for Bridget, 39 total for other Cyclones (led by Frese with 33)
FTA: 38 for Bridget, 45 total for other Cyclones (led by Frese with 36)
Blocks: 1 for Bridget (finally got one last night), 1 total for other Cyclones (Lacey)
I am illiterate as to Iowans or Iowa college women's stats in the pros. So how does Bridget stack up against the best of them?

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
I am illiterate as to Iowans or Iowa college women's stats in the pros. So how does Bridget stack up against the best of them?

Don't know about Iowans but I am bored this late afternoon, hot out and already worked out and too early to drink beer, so did searchie stuff.

My quicky search shows 10 Hawkeyes have played in WNBA. @mred probably has a way of screening by school.

Hawks pretty much crush us in the WNBA school alumnae battle and it is not even close. Of course, Kathleen Doyle and Gustafuson as recent as last season. Hawk Tangela Smith pretty much rules the Iowa schools stat with 463 games 1998-2012. Also Simone Edwards 178 games 2000-06 and Michelle Edwards 100 games 1997-2006.

Last edited:

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
Although Bridget hasn't scored a ton in the season, her presence on the court has made a big impact on the team performance. Here are some stats after the last game.

Here's a recent Bridget interview, in which she talked about her role on the team. Right now she's averaging a career-low 18.8% in 3PT shooting (3-16) but I don't expect it to last long. When her 3-balls are dropping, look out for the Lynx to climb up the standings.

More compliments from fans.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Hoping to have a Bridget Carleton game-watch in Des Moines. Interested?

Probably won't drive down to Iowa for that. ;)

Hoping ticket restrictions lighten up after the Olympics so I can attend a game or two, only live 3 miles from the arena.

Been mentioned before but still doing double takes watching tonight, Carlton is noticeably leaner than she ever was at ISU or in her first WNBA season. Not that we are known for uber conditioning but she looks really fit and maybe quicker.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone and Cycsk

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Bridget came up hobbling in the 4th quarter. Hopefully nothing serious.

I saw that. They didn't say anything on TV, but she didn't come back in the game. Hope she is ok.

CyclonesFan4ever

Jan 10, 2021
Ames
The Atlanta NBA basketball teams got lucky on the men's side tonight, but not so on the women's side. Great comeback by the Lynx.

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The announcements seemed a bit anti-climatic to me since she was 100% on the team having been on the #1 since 2019 and played in the Olympic qualifying tournament this winter. Only an injury would have kept her off.

Was a little surprised that her Lynx teammate Natalie Achonwa was selected. She's been out with a strained MCL and hasn't played in two weeks. Guess they hope she can be ready and if not they will go with one of the alternates.