Bridget & the Minnesota Lynx

simville02

Mar 25, 2009
Quck update from day one from the WNBA:
Iowa Ties:
Iowan Kiah Stokes had 5 points, 9 rebounds for a young New York Liberty squad.
Kathleen Doyle from Iowa did not play for Indiana Fever and neither did Lauren Cox, named Big 12 Player of the Year in 2020 from Baylor.
Iowa's Gustafson plays for the Dallas Wings and they face Atlanta in their season-opener at 5 p.m. today

Big 12:
Joyner Holmes, a WNBA rookie from Texas, played for New York Liberty and finished with 2 points, 3 rebounds.
Te'a Cooper, a WNBA rookie from Baylor, played for Los Angeles Sparks and finished with 10 points and 2 assists.
Brittney Griner (for anyone who forgot , she's from Baylor) plays for Phoenix Mercury had 9 rebounds and 8 points.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
It was posted as an 11:00 a.m. game in the first post but the Cyclone created schedule posted above says 11 p.m. Do we know which it actually is?

EDIT: Nevermind. Found it on the guide at 11 a.m.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Wow, the lighting for TV coverage in this arena really sucks. Damn, it's an all TV season you'd think they would have this set up better.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Wow, the lighting for TV coverage in this arena really sucks. Damn, it's an all TV season you'd think they would have this set up better.

NBA footage is going to be similar from what I've seen. Mlb seems way more "normal" on TV.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Not looking as much like the lopsided loss for the Lynx that it looked a few minutes ago but don't see them keeping it close. Maybe Bridget will get some 4th quarter time or maybe Reeves will just keep her first string in to the bitter end. I think Sims playing any meaningful minutes later in this super short season is wishful thinking.

Edit: Well, that prediction was off. Lynx's now rolling with lead late in the 4th.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
https://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/i...rima-christmas-kelly-season-ruptured-achilles

Karina Christmas-Kelly suffered a ruptured right Achilles tendon in Tuesday's loss to Seattle and will miss the rest of the WNBA season. It was the first serious injury of the WNBA season, which began on Saturday.

With Christmas-Kelly out, the Lynx still have 11 players on their roster, which has a maximum of 12.

Bridget had the opportunity to play 7 minutes & score 2 points in the Seattle game. Hoping to see more of her on the court!

Last edited:
Reactions: gizzsdad

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Bridget getting a bunch of playing time in today's game.. It's halftime and she has 4 pts, 3 reb, and 1 assist in 15 minutes.

Game is on NBATV.
I think the WNBA could really benefit from having games televised right after the NBA games. That also happened yesterday and I stuck around and watched it a little.

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
23 MIN, 8 PTS and 3-3 FG today for Bridget! She played the most minutes off the bench and tied for a team-lead +9. Am I correct that the increase in playing time was largely due to an injury to a starting guard?

It had to feel good to contribute to a win over Connecticut, the team that drafted and cut her.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron