Bridget Carleton signs Pro Contract with French team

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Update on Bridget in France and how Covis response is impacting the play there. From Star Tribune here, interesting.

After a breakout season with the Lynx, Bridget Carleton went overseas to play basketball for a club team in Landerneau, France — a picturesque town with fewer than 16,000 people in the Brittany region in the northwest part of the country.
After the WNBA season ended in the bubble at the IMG Academy in Bradenton, Fla., Carleton went back to her native Canada and quarantined for two weeks. Then she went to France. She got there on a Monday, and was supposed to play her first game that Saturday. It didn’t happen: Rising COVID-19 cases forced a shutdown in France.
So Carleton basically sat. And waited.
“I live alone, which is nice,” Carleton said in a recent Zoom interview. “I live alone, I have my own car. I have access to a gym.”
The good news: After a hiatus, the team — and Carleton — were able to play a game before a break in the schedule. But after the break, it’s unclear how the team will move forward. - Star Tribune 11/16/2020

http://e.startribune.com/Olive/ODN/...20/11/16&entity=Ar01303&sk=56F00A2B&mode=text

• Informative
Reactions: NWICY