Bride Kennedy- Hopoate watch live Monday 3:00 PM March 6

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
If you want to catch Bride Kennedy-Hopoate play live the link below should work when #2 Hutchinson Community College plays Barton 3:00 PM Monday March 6, in the Region VI Tournament Quarterfinals.

After a very pleasing result in Heather Bowe's transfer in, I am looking forward to see what Bride can do next season. She has played in most of Hutch's games this season.

32-BrideKennedy-Hopoate.jpg

Bride Kennedy-Hopoate
BRY-dee Kennedy hope-WATT-tay

Hopoate is a surname from Tongo.

(ON EDIT: Replay not available).

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Bride played 27 minutes scored 10 points and got 5 rebounds. Can't say I am super impressed, as her shorter teammate had more points (18) and more rebounds (7). Her team Hutchinson Community College won handily.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NWICY

kcdc4isu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 2, 2009
west of dm east of cb
I have watched a number of their games and this coach plays a number of players so most don't get a lot of minutes.I will wait to judge her till I see her play next year against Big12 talent.

• Informative
Reactions: StClone

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
Bride is averaging about 5 rebounds and 12 ppg in about 20 min of play for the season. Her team is 31-1 and as noted, shares playing time. I like our front line with Bride, Kristin Scott, Burkhall and Ricketts.

• Agree
Reactions: StClone and C.John

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
I have watched a number of their games and this coach plays a number of players so most don't get a lot of minutes.I will wait to judge her till I see her play next year against Big12 talent.

Hutchinson CC just played Cowley County CC winning 81-58 with Bride playing longer (28 minutes) scoring less (8 Points) however had 9 rebounds. The game may have been on-line but I did not find it. Don't know if Hutch has any more games outside the National Tourney.

Hutch is in white and red with Bride being the tall #32.
Link to Hutch Cowley Replay:

Last edited:

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
The replay is good quality video and audio. Bride looks more lively and accurate today (seems they missed shots in yesterday's game). Between Hutch and Cowley the players come from seven countries! Bride Kennedy-Hopoate's name is pronounced (going with the Hutch home announcers) BRY-dee Kennedy hope-WATT-tay. There seems to be some good athletes and shooters on these teams. Their coaches do know how to tool up a good defense and offense.

Last edited:

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
Her stats aren't earth shattering, but having a true skilled post that can score with either hand is something we need. ISU has traditionally been very good when we have had good production from the 5.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Her stats aren't earth shattering, but having a true skilled post that can score with either hand is something we need. ISU has traditionally been very good when we have had good production from the 5.

Stats what they are, Bride does offer one thing we will need with the departure of Seanna: rebounding. She is strong, long and combative. Her conditioning may be on its way to Big 12 level. Bowe as a Forward, often seemed to play like a Center at a hair over six foot, with a spirited fire that I loved. Bride seems to embrace that attitude, too.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin

I remember reading where she scored 22 in a game in the past year.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
you can get the games on you tube by looking for Hutchinson CC. the championship game is at 5:00 PM today

Hutch beat #4 Seward County 65-44 today. In winning the Blue Dragons won their seventh Region VI championship, the sixth under head coach John Ontjes.

Bride is shooting 52% Field Goals for the season! Against Seward, Hutch dominated with Bride's 10 points (tied for most p/g today), 4 rebounds in 19 minutes. Close to her season averages.

Hutchinson won its 31st game in a row and will advance to the NJCAA Tournament in Lubbock, Texas, with a 33-1 record.

For the Region VI Tournament Bride Kennedy-Hopoate was named to the all-tournament team.

Bride #32 in Red.

Replay:

Reactions: BenEClone

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Has some nice moves and range on her jumper out to about 10-12 feet. Solid body and doesn't appear to shy from banging.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Holy crap...the other team, Jones County, shot 41 free throws. Bride had a nice game, points and rebounds, but did have some TO's.