Brian Ferentz's numbers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
You guys having fun??
Dude, what did you expect? This is a Cyclone fan board.

I don't spend time on other schools fan sites, but my guess is worse things are being posted on the Hawkeye fan sites this afternoon.

If you want to feel warm and fuzzy this afternoon, you better go for a hike. It's a beautiful fall afternoon!

• Agree
  • Useful
Reactions: irish and iahawks

iahawks

Sep 7, 2012
Petras is going to get killed knowing they will he to pass the rest of the game.

I keep saying, shotgun, three step drop and just let it fly. What do you have to lose at this point. Nothing else is working that is for sure.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
Petras is going to get killed knowing they will he to pass the rest of the game.

I would expect Petras might have the opportunity to play a few series in the 3rd quarter to see if he can create a couple scoring drives. Otherwise, Kirk would be wise to play their 2nd string QB to get him some game snaps.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
No matter how the rest of the season goes it will still be frustrating that we lost to those guys…

Same with the Baylor game.

And really coming out and just sort of slogging out a win vs. UNI was pretty inexcusable.

Even if ISU only lost one game that close win would be held against them to open the door for a blue blood.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I keep saying, shotgun, three step drop and just let it fly. What do you have to lose at this point. Nothing else is working that is for sure.

Bucky's secondary can be pretty leaky and just a couple of passes will get them scrambling.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque

Trouble is Wisky is playing a very aggressive defense and pressing Iowa's WR's and TE's. So not sure the quick stuff is open. Probably need to move the pocket a bit and pass on early downs.

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
Trouble is Wisky is playing a very aggressive defense and pressing Iowa's WR's and TE's. So not sure the quick stuff is open. Probably need to move the pocket a bit and pass on early downs.

Iowa’s yardage on first downs puts them behind the chains quickly. The turnovers didn’t help but when you have two MAC caliber WRs in #16 and #89, it’s difficult to beat press coverage. A Big 10 team line Iowa should be recruiting guys like Smith-Marsette, Keagan Johnson and Bruce every year or two but it seems like the staff feels that they can get away without doing that. Iowa could still win out, but the past two losses really highlight the weaknesses developmental programs face from time to time. Most of the 2018-2019 offensive line recruits didn’t pan out or transferred out. The 20-21 OL classes will be good, but they’ll be taking their lumps.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron