In memoriam of Brian Ferentz as Iowa's OC

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
BF is qualified to be the OC at Iowa because his he played at Iowa, played and coached in the NFL and has been a coach at Iowa for one of their most successful runs. What is the big deal, as long as you don't look at the Offensive numbers.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I know. There were enough people on here that acted like him leaving was a foregone conclusion too.
I don't get why they think that. There are still people today thinking he is leaving. He as bad 2 years ago and got a raise and promotion.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
With their schedule, if they don't get 7 wins, they should drop football.

So what happens if they don't hit the 25 point average? My guess is nothing since they just said it's a performance objective.

Reactions: Remo Gaggi

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa

So what happens if they don't hit the 25 point average? My guess is nothing since they just said it's a performance objective.
It also doesn't specify offensive points.

World's fakest contract change ever devised. Charged Brian a couple hundred thousand, one time, to shut the fans up.

alenz95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 16, 2015
Bettendorf/ Ames
The new contract is hilarious. Its essentially just a $50,000 pay cut. It provides performance objectives, with no real consequences for failing to achieve those objectives.

Reactions: Dirt Boy 2

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
The new contract is hilarious. Its essentially just a $50,000 pay cut. It provides performance objectives, with no real consequences for failing to achieve those objectives.
They said on the radio it says the contract would not be renewed if performance objectives are not met.

• Informative
  • Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone and JP4CY

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
It also doesn't specify offensive points.

World's fakest contract change ever devised. Charged Brian a couple hundred thousand, one time, to shut the fans up.
The 7 win trigger is the same as Capt. Kirk's bonus trigger. Low bar in the B1G West.

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Welp, they're definitely gonna run up the score on their cupcakes!

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011

Let's be clear here...the contract says THE TEAM must average 25 points a game. Hell, Iowa gets a least one defensive touchdown a game. So, good ol' Brian won't have to average 25 points from an offensive standpoint...what a farce.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Let's be clear here...the contract says THE TEAM must average 25 points a game. Hell, Iowa gets a least one defensive touchdown a game. So, good ol' Brian won't have to average 25 points from an offensive standpoint...what a farce.
Yeah what was the offensive points per game for Iowa this season if you take out all the defensive scoring? If Iowas defense slips at all from their top notch performance over the past couple years a few less pick 6's is going to make that 25 point average tougher. Guessing they try to run up the score in their non conference games to help that average too.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron