***Breece Hall Thread***

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I had ACL reconstruction using part of the patella tendon. Dr. Greenwald did the repair and trimmed meniscus as well, and Dr. Buck prepared the portion of the patella tendon for transplant.
Though my surgery was in 2002, it was in 2021 that Dr. Greenwald made the comment about ACL repair usually mean a D1 athlete or higher level only has 2-3 years left. I would think since he is the primary ortho for ISU, he does know what he is speaking about.
Thanks for the information and clarification.

Yes, you would think that the primary orthopod for ISU knows what he is talking about. And if true for many, or maybe even most, it is sad.

One can only hope for the best possible surgery, if needed (sounds for sure he will need it, to some extent), and a great final result.

Yeah, and you don't hear many whiny, 'oh I've got arthritis in my knee' stories, years after surgery. The people are no doubt there, like yourself (not the whiny part), but maybe it is the glorification of the sport, and we don't wish to confront or hear about the bad?

CloneFanInKC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2021
Here is the funny side of tearing my ACL. I was at a work training center that was on the edge of Norman, OK. At our housing facility at the time, they hired OU students who were studying to be athletic trainers to organize and officiate basketball, volleyball, and in summer, softball games for those who wanted to play during off hours at the hotel. Hotel had full weight room, college gym, racketball courts, tennis courts, and softball field.
When I tore my ACL in January 2002, I rebounded the ball, felt a pop in my knee, and went down, calling time-out. The closest trainer asked what happened, and I told him. He immediately moved my knee and my lower leg moved front to back at the knee joint. He said I tore my ACL. His coworker trainer student said let me see. He moved my leg the same way and said, yep, you tore your ACL. They called the facility nurse and after moving me to her office, did the exact same test and said the exact same thing. She gave me crutches and told me she would transport me to the ER. The ER doctor told me the same thing after doing that test.
The next day, I see an ortho doctor in Norman. He does the exact same tests and movements, and says nothing can be determined till I have an MRI.
I waited and walked on it without a brace, until August that year to have the surgery. Dr. Greenwald said it was good that I waited to get the muscles used to supporting the knee without the ACL. I wore a brace and played slow-pitch softball that summer with it torn. Then had surgery.
Lachman’s test. Extremely reliable field based test for ACL pathology. (Sorry if no one cares, I still nerd out on anatomy and orthopedics)

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007

Yes this is an antigravity Treadmill, probably and AlterG model. You wear a special pant which zipper-couples to the top of the air buble, causing a more or less air-tight seal. Then air is pumped in. The amount of air pumped in determines the amount of weight bearing (percentage of full body weight). The amount of weight bearing is prescribed by the Doctor and protocol per his surgery. It can be as little as 10% full weight bearing. As full weight bearing is approached, over time, the machine is no longer needed.

Last edited:

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
I remember the post of him greeting Lazard at the Jets he was looking really fit then. His arms were HUGE. Hope he has a great season and that Rodgers is smart enough to utilize him.
Say what you want about Rodgers, he is smart. He has eyes. And Lazard has his ear. If Breece is healthy, he will be utilized greaty. And it is to Rodgers advantage to have a great running back, especially as he gets older.

Cyclonscin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Say what you want about Rodgers, he is smart. He has eyes. And Lazard has his ear. If Breece is healthy, he will be utilized greaty. And it is to Rodgers advantage to have a great running back, especially as he gets older.
Aaron Jones was a massive weapon on the ground and through the air with Rodgers in Green Bay. I'm picturing similar utilization for Breece.