Breece Hall, I swear every week he has grown

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CyBlock

Oct 1, 2019
His pass catching skills need mentioning! That really stupid throw by Purdy last night was a lateral, and BH catches it with one hand with a defender all over him. He doesn't catch that and the ball is "live" and I'll assume OU takes possession. Read an article today that said the pro scouts in attendance were extremely impressed by Hall....

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
He needs the ball early and often against Texas. Can't start the game with a bunch of 3 and outs.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

burn587

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Denver, CO
His spin move is a thing of beauty
It is, but I wish he’d use that more in the open field and not in the hole. He made one guy look stupid but got stopped in his tracks the other few times he tried it. A simple cut works better in that small of space more often than not.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
If only Manning knew this and would give him the ball when we have 4 chances to get it in the end zone from the 10

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
...OU is not a good defense, but they still have some serious talent on that side of the ball.
Per SP+, OU has the #38 defense in the country. That's not bad, a little above average. They played poorly against KSU two weeks ago but one bad week doesn't make them the Sisters Of The Poor.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
He had 18 touches. He should have gotten the ball down by the goal line, but other than that it's hard to be in balance on run/pass when you're down 14-21 points for much of the game.

Quit with your logic and stuff... We lost because a coach didn't have 20/20 hindsight while some fans have perfect vision in that direction.

• Funny
Reactions: Aclone and norcalcy

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Yes, that is often a cause of a young QB feeling pressure that’s not actually there. He’s got to learn to stop needlessly back-pedaling and to step-up in the pocket.

Except when the pressure is there.

kid is taking a lot of hits when he drops back.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Well, let’s see.

The very first play on offense was a Breece rush...for one yard.

On the next possession, another 3 and out, he had one rush for four yards. It was pretty obvious that OU had everyone in the box at that point.

Next drive started out with a 19 yard completion to Breece. His next carry was for no gain, but the ten yard carry after that set up Milton’s 40 yard TD.

That’s just the first quarter. For the half, Breece had 7 carries for 47 yards, and two catches for nineteen. Hardly “forgotten”

I know. Facts are hard. Did that “reminder” help?

Yes, they put in Jonny Lang for a breather midway in the second quarter—who promptly ran for 22, then 13 yards.

And yes, things opened up in the second half. Four of Breece’s first half carries were for four yards—or substantially less. But your original statement, that Manning “forgot” him was indeed dumb.

Of course, if you prefer, we could go with “revisionist history”. Or maybe “ignorant”. All in all though, I think that “dumb” is pretty much sufficient. :)
Get that coherent thought out of here. I want to read more CF! Ha!

Reactions: Aclone

Help Support Us

Become a patron