Breece Hall Heisman Fan Vote

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
I hear lots of folks say that if Troy Davis couldn't win the Heisman, then Breece Hall can't win it. I think the opposite. The fact that Troy Davis came second with all that was stacked against him (not on TV, playing for a bad team) suggests that Breece Hall should have a better chance (playing on TV, social media, playing for a good team).

There are other factors working against him (QB favoritism, SEC favoritism), but a simple comparison with Troy Davis should be encouraging, not discouraging with regard to the Heisman. In other words, if Troy Davis were playing today (on TV, social media, on a good team), I have to think he would win the Heisman.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
I hear lots of folks say that if Troy Davis couldn't win the Heisman, then Breece Hall can't win it. I think the opposite. The fact that Troy Davis came second with all that was stacked against him (not on TV, playing for a bad team) suggests that Breece Hall should have a better chance (playing on TV, social media, playing for a good team).

There are other factors working against him (QB favoritism, SEC favoritism), but a simple comparison with Troy Davis should be encouraging, not discouraging with regard to the Heisman. In other words, if Troy Davis were playing today (on TV, social media, on a good team), I have to think he would win the Heisman.

Hubbard got almost 2300 yards at 6.4 ypc last year and came in something like 6th. I am doubtful that they are giving it to any RB that doesn't play for a perennial power and even that would be surprising. It has pretty much become exclusively a QB award.

CySmurf

Jul 14, 2011
I had to read that 3 times and was ready to nuke you before I realized you were being a smart ass. Guess my thinking isn’t very versatile today.
No Versatile Player Award for you JM4CY.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Hubbard got almost 2300 yards at 6.4 ypc last year and came in something like 6th. I am doubtful that they are giving it to any RB that doesn't play for a perennial power and even that would be surprising. It has pretty much become exclusively a QB award.
Again, OSU was only 8-4 on the regular season. Doesn’t have to be a perennial power, just one the RB is making a big stir with.

Guess we should go 12-0 next season, just to prove the point!

Reactions: VeloClone

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
If the award goes to a RB it would be Najee Harris since he plays for Bama. Even though Breece is better.

amishclone

Feb 23, 2014
30 minutes to gametime. Might as well knock out a couple thousand votes! :)

• Winner
Reactions: Aclone