Breece Hall #1 in NCAA rushing yardage

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Here's the latest delusional statement from the hokeye message board regarding Breece:

He is a scrawny little back that would be broken in two in the B1G, he wouldn't last three games. But playing in the Texas/Sunbelt league like he does no one can tackle. I would take any of Iowa's three backs.

That's also a fanbase that said Sedrick Shaw was miles ahead of Troy Davis.

• Haha
Reactions: Peter

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
Here's the latest delusional statement from the hokeye message board regarding Breece:

He is a scrawny little back that would be broken in two in the B1G, he wouldn't last three games. But playing in the Texas/Sunbelt league like he does no one can tackle. I would take any of Iowa's three backs.

tenor.gif

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.

Not sure why anyone would feel a need to pollute a perfectly good Cyclone thread with Hawk idiocy.

I stay away from the ISR forum most of the time for a reason.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
That’s how the running game works. Chip away at them, then break off big runs. If you took away a RBs big plays and they were still averaging 5 YPC, they’d be averaging a stupid amount like 10+ YPC in total.

Usually the running game is a little smoother than that, but OSU was sending everyone after Breece. On the TD run everyone went to where the play was supposed to go except Breece. Once he got outside on the left side there was no way they were going to catch him from the other side of the field. Same with the long run, except a couple speed guys were close enough to catch him, but they had everyone at the line.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
I’m not sure why you think that we’ve “run the ball well”. Take away Breece’s two big runs, and he carried 18 times for 49 yards. That’s 2.72 ypc, and distinctly not a consistently good rushing attack.

And that’s generally been par for the course for his season—big runs buff up the small holes the OL has opened otherwise.

If you want an answer for that, I’m pretty sure that the simple fact that two of our best three linemen are out has something to do with both the running and passing issues—especially the latter.

Oh, and the fact that by far our single most experienced wide receiver returning, Tarique Milton, has been hurt is a huge factor too. At this stage, he and Xavier Hutchinson would complement one another well.
Take away his 18 carries and simply average put his two long runs and he is averaging...

to say his other runs are his real output negates logic.

Reactions: Peter

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Take away his 18 carries and simply average put his two long runs and he is averaging...

to say his other runs are his real output negates logic.
Fair enough. In turn, I don’t think you do logic well. Especially since that’s not what I said.

You might want to work on that whole reading comprehension thing.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
Fair enough. In turn, I don’t think you do logic well. Especially since that’s not what I said.

You might want to work on that whole reading comprehension thing.
I agree your position was ****.