BREAKING: Georgia PG commits to 2020 recruiting class

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Why do we think this guy is so bad? He’s a 3 star with several power 5 offers.

We have too many "size queens" on this board and stars (or lack thereof) is what people see. I forget - HOW many Prohm players are in the NBA? I think it's a lot...

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
We have too many "size queens" on this board and stars (or lack thereof) is what people see. I forget - HOW many Prohm players are in the NBA? I think it's a lot...
His stars / ratings will boost a bunch considering the offers he's gotten.

• Agree
Reactions: CyPunch

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Doesn’t remind me of Halliburton except for the fact he is tall and skinny for a PG.

I think he would if you watched both of their HS tapes. Also his HS coach is quoted as saying Prohm says he reminds him a lot of Haliburton so....

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Proving my point for me with another logical fallacy. Please point out where I specifically stated that you "know nothing about basketball recruiting and don't follow it at all"

You're perfect for a fanatical board and you've got a little fanatical following yourself to show for it. Kind of sad how people clasp onto the king fanatic.

Prohm hasn't done a whole hell of a lot to be in good graces. He's recruited an incoherent mish mash of highly and lowly rated guys and sans Fred's leftovers hasn't been able to consistently get his guys to play a reliable style. His in-game coaching leaves so much to be desired. His point guards make it to the league because he gives them unmitigated reign over the entire team and doesn't hold them accountable during games. I'll relent some and say that he finds decent talent, but my trust in him doesn't go much further than being a good representative of the university.

So no, in spite of his history of putting guards into the league, I don't have much trust for his judgment.

Well go ahead and list your coaching replacements. With all these complaints you must have a list in drawn up.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I think he would if you watched both of their HS tapes. Also his HS coach is quoted as saying Prohm says he reminds him a lot of Haliburton so....
SIAP, is he 6’5” now? The video posted had him at 6’3”, and he looked great. If he’s since grown to 6’5” and added length, even better.

Saying Walker reminds him (Prohm) a lot of a success story like Halliburton is a pretty generic statement, and one that should be made all pg recruits with any overlap. I mean, in the general sense any two lanky guards are similar. Walker’s tape was more impressive in the conventional sense than TH imo. A better athlete with less freakish length but more contested finishing at the rim.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I did watch them. Halliburton has elite vision that jumps off the tape. I don’t see that from this kid. I do see the versatility of Halliburton though.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
His video looks really good. Glad we got him... just hope now that we can hang onto him because I could see him really blowing up.

Welcome aboard Jaden!

Reactions: NWICY and Cy4Lifer

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
What makes Halliburton so good is his instincts. Both passing the ball and defensively. I have a feeling recruiting site "experts" have a hard time factoring that into their rankings. We don't know if Walker will have those same intangibles or not, but Prohm has been pretty spot on so far with under the radar players. All I know is he looks like a pretty well rounded player and has a sweet jump shot. Hard to not be excited about him.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
It seems the staff has really moved towards the diamond in the rough model. That works for small non-power 5 programs because it has to. Not real sure about the long-term efficacy of it for a program at our level though. Seems strange we have to rely on these types of "undervalued" "blowing up" "diamond in the rough" types.

Would obviously love to be wrong. This staff just doesn't inspire a lot of thoughts of upward trajectory in the national conversation.

You’re literally trying to out stupid hawk fans the Monday after the game.

Impressive. You’re competing well

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I take little to no value from your thoughts. You're a fanatical pot stirrer and your reasoning is usually dotted with logical fallacies.

We beat out mid majors for this kid and three low-level P5 programs.

I do hope that his track record of getting point guards into the league is connected to his ability to recruit underrated talent.

And yet he formulates much better and deeper thoughts than you’ve ever approached.

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
Any ideas on his wingspan? That helps make Haliburton so effective. Been getting spoiled with 7 foot wingspans.

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
It seems the staff has really moved towards the diamond in the rough model. That works for small non-power 5 programs because it has to. Not real sure about the long-term efficacy of it for a program at our level though. Seems strange we have to rely on these types of "undervalued" "blowing up" "diamond in the rough" types.

Would obviously love to be wrong. This staff just doesn't inspire a lot of thoughts of upward trajectory in the national conversation.

Problem with your theory is you're basing it on rankings. The staff bases their recruiting on their own evaluations. Kids jump up and down the rankings everytime there's an update. Doesn't make them better or worse. Plus we had a 5* center in this weekend, he and XF could hardly be considered undervalued.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
From 12 days ago. Sounds like he’s fairly close to being a Rivals150 guy. https://n.rivals.com/news/bossi-s-best-prospects-on-the-cusp-of-the-rivals150

Why he can push for the Rivals150: Walker has good size for a combo guard and can be an explosive scorer when he gets things rolling. He has an ideal basketball frame and just needs to get a little bit stronger. Long term, he has potential to be a defensive stopper because of his length and ability to move his feet.

Recruitment: Has official visits set to Iowa State (Sept. 13) and Mississippi (Sept. 20) along with offers from Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, New Mexico, Old Dominion and others.

Whether he sneaks in or not, I think it could be a great pickup when it is all said and done.