Brandon Henderson Commits

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
Just way too many good players to fit on 30 teams. Now they might be able to buy all our guys away, but that's a different story.
It's going to happen, no doubt. Gotta foster a strong environment for success. Our newest basketball recruits both echoed that ISU gave them more than just an opportunity to make money right now.

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
I am incredibly excited to see our staff can still bring in such talented players as this young man who had several options. So far it appears all the turmoil in college sports is not going to hold us back one bit. Welcome to Cyclone Nation, Brandon!!!

Reactions: 19210

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
He hasn’t been playing football very long. He had been playing basketball so even at this size, he moves well and is very athletic.

247 notes he could be in for a big ratings boost after the season, if he progresses like they expect.

This guy could end up being a massive steal.

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
The noise this week is not affecting recruiting. Love it.

To me it just seems if you're good enough the NFL will find you. We can thrive in a different looking big 12 in the future.
I’m curious how much the USC/UCLA move and potentially more movement is processed by kids going into their senior year of high school. I suppose it will if you are looking at one of the other PAC 12 schools. Whereas the Big 12 is pretty stable right now, we have OU and Texas for 3 more seasons and add a brand in BYU, plus Cincinnati who was a hot name last season.

What concerns me is player payment becoming formalized as part of the AD, where B1G teams making say $50 million more per team from TV money than Big 12 can pay that to players straightaway. At that point it is professional football and we’re in a 2nd tier league. Do we get JJ Kohl if ISU can offer him $200K/yr while every B1G school can offer $1 million? Can we keep Jaylen Noel at $50K vs $200K? I think that scenario is possible because those billions have to go somewhere and schools can only build so many facilities.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I’m curious how much the USC/UCLA move and potentially more movement is processed by kids going into their senior year of high school. I suppose it will if you are looking at one of the other PAC 12 schools. Whereas the Big 12 is pretty stable right now, we have OU and Texas for 3 more seasons and add a brand in BYU, plus Cincinnati who was a hot name last season.

What concerns me is player payment becoming formalized as part of the AD, where B1G teams making say $50 million more per team from TV money than Big 12 can pay that to players straightaway. At that point it is professional football and we’re in a 2nd tier league. Do we get JJ Kohl if ISU can offer him $200K/yr while every B1G school can offer $1 million? Can we keep Jaylen Noel at $50K vs $200K? I think that scenario is possible because those billions have to go somewhere and schools can only build so many facilities.
I'm just dumbfounded how many people have leapt to 'paying players'. NIL and that are far apart. That said, the system is moving in that direction. But, IMO, if they get too far down the road on this, the government is going to have a significant impact on 'take home' pay, ownership definition, and ultimately institutional investing. It is just my opinion, but anyone over 50 years old can see the government (like almost anything else) is into getting their tax dollars anyway they can muster.

Buzzer68

Sep 27, 2015
Cape Coral Florida

Help Support Us

Become a patron