Brackins in Summer League

josh4isu

Aug 10, 2010
Iowa
Craig has only gotten to play about 5 minutes per game in the first 3 games and has yet to score. It's too bad. It appears he was put on to fill out the team, and is not really going to get much of a chance.

Hes going to be fine. Europe exists. Craig is a 6 10 jumpshooter who cant guard anyone in the NBA.

Bardman

Dec 7, 2009
Mesa, AZ
From the two games I DVR'd he played a few minutes in each game, bricked a couple shots. Only impression I had when watching the game as a whole-- he did not stand out as being an NBA caliber player, which was disappointing to see (Melo, Sullinger, JaJuan Johnson looked much better).

From what I've heard in off-season interviews and articles, it sounds as though he's backed himself into a corner where he thinks he has to shoot his way into the league. He has an NBA body of a 4 man but tries to play like a small forward (face-up game only, hovering around the 3 point arc, doesn't try to rebound, gets bodied by PJ3 in the post). My 2 cents-- I'm a huge Brackins fan (he was all we had when I was in school) but I have 0 faith that he makes an NBA roster this season after watching summer league.

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
Mac hurt him badly...the reality is Mac didn't force Craig to develop a strong inside game. CB needed a year or two under LE...no Gmac.

Hope he makes a lot of money in Europe...but I was afraid of that when he left. Quite honestly he should have left the year before as he would have been taken higher in the draft.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Mac hurt him badly...the reality is Mac didn't force Craig to develop a strong inside game. CB needed a year or two under LE...no Gmac.

Hope he makes a lot of money in Europe...but I was afraid of that when he left. Quite honestly he should have left the year before as he would have been taken higher in the draft.

or under fred, i wish he would have stayed for his senior year, i really think fred could have put his game to a whole new level!

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Brackins' stats from this morning's game for Boston:

10 pts - ( FGM-A: 3/8 , 3PM-A 2/6) . FTM-A 2/2)
4 reb - (all defensive)
1 asst.

NBA.com - Where amazing happens.

*Boston was in control the entire way and Brackins played some in the 1st half, most in the 3rd and all of the 4th period. (TOTAL MIN - 20:42)

-Still playing a lot around the perimeter, one of four players on the Celtics to reach double digits in scoring. Played pretty well on the defensive end. Never really in the lane on offense or looking for an offensive rebound. Brackins really needs to get more aggressive in that area to see more minutes or even make an NBA roster this year. One instance he did try to create his own shot, but missed on the fade away.

Celtics win 94 - 73 over the Orlando Magic in the NBA Summer League.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron