Boxing: GGG vs. Canelo

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Enormous fight tomorrow night. Who do the CF fight fans like? I've been waffling back and forth on who I think will win but this morning I've convinced myself that Alvarez will win on the cards.

For casual boxing fans, this is maybe the fight of the decade and these two guys are easily my two favorite fighters. GGG is undefeated KO artist (who's lost some mustard in the past 1-2 years) and Canelo Alvarez is maybe the best counter puncher in boxing, who's only loss was to Mayweather about 5 years ago (he should have never taken that fight, he was way too young).

HBO PPV, can't wait!

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
I liked GGG until his last fight. This is def the fight of the year. (Don't give me May vs Mac) That was the spectacle of the year. Probably the first time in a while two guys in there prime have agreed to fight. Ill Take Canelo . Would not be shocked with a GGG win though

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
This is exactly what's wrong with boxing. Some idiot scored it 118-110 Canelo. So ******* corrupt. I'm a Canelo guy but GGG won that fight. Unreal. I had it 116-113 GGG, and that was with a 10-10 draw in the 1st round.

Reactions: Knownothing

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Sounds like she's been terrible for years in boxing and MMA judging
Yeah apparently a lot of people were expecting a wacky scorecard the second she was announced as a judge for the fight.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
I'm the most casual of boxing fans, but I've watched a lot of it over the years. I have no idea how it should have been scored, but that was the most fun I've had watching a match in years. Can't be much more fun without a knockdown.

Bummer it was scored a draw but that wasn't the fault of the fighters.

The_Gent

Aug 19, 2016
Awesome fight...that said, Byrd needs to never judge another fight again. She's consistently terrible.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron