Bowl Projection USA Today

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Dec. 29 in the Cheese It Bowl versus Clemson -

I would actually really like this. Game is all downside and no upside for Clemson, chance to beat a true blue blood, and I do not think the Clemson QB is that good.. thoughts on this?

hawksuck75

Mar 25, 2006
Chicago, IL
It comes down if we can get two Big12 teams in NY6/CFP games. Moves everyone up. If we beat TCU and KSU loses to UT then Cheese-It would definitely be in the cards.

Really like our odds for at least Texas bowl as long as we beat TCU and Tech loses to Baylor on Saturday.

Reactions: campbellsoup

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
Clemson's defense is NASTY. Beating the Tigers would be GREAT, but losing to them would SUCK. I don't care where ISU Bowls or who they play, but I want them to WIN the Bowl Game. Not sure why so many people want them to "play up" which has no advantage.

Beating Memphis @ Liberty = Great!
Losing to Wash. State @ Alamo = Sucked!
Losing to Notre Dame @ Camping World = Sucked!
Beating Oregon @ Fiesta = Great!

I want GREAT! not SUCKED!

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Clemson's defense is NASTY. Beating the Tigers would be GREAT, but losing to them would SUCK. I don't care where ISU Bowls or who they play, but I want them to WIN the Bowl Game. Not sure why so many people want them to "play up" which has no advantage.

Beating Memphis @ Liberty = Great!
Losing to Wash. State @ Alamo = Sucked!
Losing to Notre Dame @ Camping World = Sucked!
Beating Oregon @ Fiesta = Great!

I want GREAT! not SUCKED!

I get what you're saying but none of those losses sucked as much as losses to TCU, Boise or Tulsa. I like the risk of beating a good team over losing to a g5 team on their home field.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Dec. 29 in the Cheese It Bowl versus Clemson -

I would actually really like this. Game is all downside and no upside for Clemson, chance to beat a true blue blood, and I do not think the Clemson QB is that good.. thoughts on this?

Two things.
1. I’ve heard cheeze It from some insiders
2. Clemson’s QB is a damned fine QB.

AlaCyclone

Jun 14, 2007
I get what you're saying but none of those losses sucked as much as losses to TCU, Boise or Tulsa. I like the risk of beating a good team over losing to a g5 team on their home field.
Those losses were all to Conference Champions by mediocre ISU teams. There is no risk of ISU having to play a team like that this year. Heck, Boise and TCU were 1 loss teams.

As for this year, with this team, ISU needs to WIN their Bowl Game! Losing the Bowl after this disppointing season would be beyond AWFUL. Not interested in a risk-reward situation, I want a win and a trophy and to feel a little better in the off season.

Beat TCU
Breece wins the Doak
Win the Bowl Game
Finish (8-5) with two new shiny trophies!

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
I was not looking forward to Orlando again, but if it is Clemson, that would be very interesting.

Of course, one downside is if Iowa loses to Nebby, we might play Cheez It, but have mouthbreathers all over the city for the Citrus Bowl. That would suck into another dimension.

Reactions: exCYtable

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Those losses were all to Conference Champions by mediocre ISU teams. There is no risk of ISU having to play a team like that this year. Heck, Boise and TCU were 1 loss teams.

As for this year, with this team, ISU needs to WIN their Bowl Game! Losing the Bowl after this disppointing season would be beyond AWFUL. Not interested in a risk-reward situation, I want a win and a trophy and to feel a little better in the off season.

Beat TCU
Breece wins the Doak
Win the Bowl Game

I'm not convinced ISU beats a team like those three mentioned if they face someone similar.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Won’t Clemson have NFL sit outs?

A chance to see what 5 stars are in their pipeline.

Reactions: Cyclone06

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I get they might have draft guys sitting too and we don’t know who will sit out on our side but I really do not like the idea of facing Dabo without Breece and/or Charlie.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017

Beat TCU
Breece wins the Doak
Win the Bowl Game
We want to win the bowl. We don't NEED to win a glorified exhibition, which is all these bowls are. A chance to beat Clemson would be great.

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
It sure feels like a Memphis is the spot. JP is always pretty calculated in what he says and on the coaches show Monday night he laid out the scenarios which all made pretty good sense.
A lot of FB left to play but let’s just be happy we’re talking about a bowl and support the hell outta this team. For many of us “older” fans the next time we got to see the Cyclones play after this weekend would be at the spring game during VEISHEA…

istater7

Mar 31, 2010
My guess is K-State gets Cheezit no matter what since the bowl would probably want to switch things up.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com
I get they might have draft guys sitting too and we don’t know who will sit out on our side but I really do not like the idea of facing Dabo without Breece and/or Charlie.
I wonder if it was Clemson that we played, how many ISU potential sit outs would be swayed by the name of the opponent. Nope! Im playing these mo fos!

Reactions: JM4CY