Boulevard Brewing Co's Facebook posts

Malty Flannel

Sep 19, 2019
Huxley
I wasn't really buying much boulevard to begin with, too many good local breweries now to spend my money on. I remember back in the day Founders, Boulevard, and Stone basically dominated my craft beer purchases. These days I can't keep up with all the great releases from Confluence, Big Grove, Barn Town, Lion Bridge + sporadic releases from Alluvial and Lua, and I that still leaves out Firetrucker, Lake Time, Single Speed, Kalona, Exile, on and on you get the picture.

All that said, I'm not going to give in to the cancel/boycott culture. Founders, Stone, Boulevard have all had their PR mishaps in the last couple years, that doesn't mean there aren't good souls still earning a living there or that the beer is any worse.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I've always had a soft spot for Boulevard's being one of the OG Midwest craft breweries. Boulevard Wheat played a foundational role in my interest in beer. Hell, just 2 weeks ago I shared a 6er of Single Wide with some buddies and we all agreed that it was still a pretty ******* good beer, and that Boulevard deserved a ton of credit for being a pioneer in the industry, especially in this area. When I started drinking craft beer, they were the closest brewery to Ames that was distributing there, which seems kind of crazy today.

That said, yikes. I'll probably still drink Boulevard beer (I still buy Founder's sometimes), but it definitely will make me feel a little crappy about it.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I wasn't really buying much boulevard to begin with, too many good local breweries now to spend my money on. I remember back in the day Founders, Boulevard, and Stone basically dominated my craft beer purchases. These days I can't keep up with all the great releases from Confluence, Big Grove, Barn Town, Lion Bridge + sporadic releases from Alluvial and Lua, and I that still leaves out Firetrucker, Lake Time, Single Speed, Kalona, Exile, on and on you get the picture.

All that said, I'm not going to give in to the cancel/boycott culture. Founders, Stone, Boulevard have all had their PR mishaps in the last couple years, that doesn't mean there aren't good souls still earning a living there or that the beer is any worse.

I generally agree with this. There are 5 breweries I really like within a 30 mile radius of my home in BFE northeast Iowa. I don't need to buy "big craft" (whatever you want to call it) to get my fix.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I've probably been to KC 50 times in my life but for some strange reason, never checked out Boulevard. The last time we were in KC (pre pandemic), we checked it out and the place was great. If you like Farmhouse ales, Tank 7 is top notch along with the Rye on Rye.
It sounds like they have a lot of issues but hopefully that changes and they continue making decent beer. It's funny how once a brewer becomes a certain size, they seem to become hated. Surly, Stone, Founders, Toppling, etc. have all had a lot of bad press. Although TG seems to have had a jerk owner since day one.