Bought a new bed today...

jakemcilroy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 26, 2006
The wife and I "invested" in a new bed today. We're really excited to finally get a king bed and have a bed that is going to last a long time and add hours of quality sleep.

Anyone else have a bad they really like? We got a Stearns and Foster Casa Palermo king size. It's a latex mattress, whatever that means, but it was very comfy, lots of room, and lots of motion separation.

Long day of shopping around and price checking but nice to have it over with. Sucks to wait a week to get it delivered though!

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
My wife and I splurged when we build our new house and got a Simmons Beautyrest Black collection. I couldn't believe we spent that much on a mattress but it has been incredible. I hope you like the new bed!

MrGreg

Oct 18, 2006
There are so many jokes in here I don't know where to start.

Enjoy the new bed!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
We splurged on king size bed about 5 years ago and I would never go back. It's one of the best investments since you'll spend 1/3 of your life there.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
We got that tempupedic bed that is being advertised right

<--------- here

SSSSState

Oct 29, 2007
My wife and I splurged when we build our new house and got a Simmons Beautyrest Black collection. I couldn't believe we spent that much on a mattress but it has been incredible. I hope you like the new bed!

Restonic Mattress in Tama/Toledo makes some beds that use the Black Collection coil unit for a lot less money. There are many manufacturers just as good or better than Simmons, Sealy, and the like for a fraction of the cost due to the fact they don't advertise, and one of them is made right here in Iowa.

CyGal

Mar 1, 2006
WDM
We bought some latex pillows many years ago - and I love it. Very comfortable, still in great shape after all these years. I think the bed was a little more than we wanted to spend at the time, so we got something else, but they were quite comfortable.

Covenant Clone

Aug 30, 2006
Clive
Restonic Mattress in Tama/Toledo makes some beds that use the Black Collection coil unit for a lot less money. There are many manufacturers just as good or better than Simmons, Sealy, and the like for a fraction of the cost due to the fact they don't advertise, and one of them is made right here in Iowa.

probably so...I am sure we paid more than we had to but we ended up getting what we wanted so I guess that's all that matters :smile:

SSSSState

Oct 29, 2007
probably so...I am sure we paid more than we had to but we ended up getting what we wanted so I guess that's all that matters :smile:

I wasn't ragging on you for overpaying so sorry if it came across that way. Just spreading the word about a good Iowa company. You spend 1/3 of your life sleeping not to mention all the health factors a good night's sleep can provide so absolutely get what you want and what works for you!

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
I would probably put up token opposition if thieves entered our house and started carrying off our furniture. But if they laid a hand on our Tempur Pedic bed, I'm grabbing the artillery and starting to shoot !!!

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
I really thought this thread would get derailed very fast. But so far, everything is tame. The college age kids must be out for the night already.

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
I really thought this thread would get derailed very fast. But so far, everything is tame. The college age kids must be out for the night already.

I want a new bed! Its been 10 years since the most recent new one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Write in a week and let us know how those independent motions work when youre at home. Hubby says congratulations on your shopping trip, and thinks this was shopping you didnt mind doing.
Posted via Mobile Device

huskerman

Mar 12, 2008
ames
if you need a bed go to wal mart! no seriously. they have very very comfortable memory foam mattresses that match up with the much more expensive mattresses and these only cost $269 + tax. seriously the best and smartest purchase i have ever made!

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Now you will never be able to sleep in a hotel again!

We did the expensive bed thing a year or so ago (something big and fluffy from Furniture Row) - we love it, but it ruins you to crappy matresses forever.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Sleep number adjustable bed. My number is 30.

Dont forget to buy $100 sheets now.