Books on Vacation

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Hello all!

My wife and I are going to Puerto Rico for 10 days. We're going all over, but it will be a relaxing vacation. I've brought a couple of books for my trip: "Moneyball", and "Can I keep my Jersey". I was curious if any of you knew of some other good books recommended for reading?

Thanks!

clonerules

Apr 11, 2006
Going off what you already have, I would highly recommend you pick up "Built to win" by John Schuerholz. It is by far and away one of the best read's for a baseball fan!!\

9780446696531.jpg

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
You could pick up a something about Puerto Rico's history. That would be neat! Anything priate related could be fun too. ;)

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
What genres do you like?

I like a good book. It's hard to say what genre. I could say sports, but I've read bad sports book. I could say biographies, but some people's bios are just boring. I could say sci-fi, but some sci-fi books are just not good.

I'm just curious what those on hear have been reading and what they'd recommend. I would look up the books to see if it sounds good. I just like a wide variety and it's hard to sum up a certain kind.

I just haven't read a good book in a while, and I don't even know where to start as far as what I read. I've got a couple I've been wanting to, but I should plow through those pretty quickly.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Fom Genes favorite video library:
Lost in Space
Lost the Series
Jumper
European Vacation
Trouble with Tribbles
The Replacements
Nightmare on Elm Street
The Unforgiven
Goldfinger

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Here's some quick picks that I think everyone would like:

The Know-it-all, by A.J. Jacobs...It's about one man's quest to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Offers lots of humor and interesting tidbits about anything and everything.

In the Woods, by Tana French...A murder mystery that will keep you up at night. A fast read with well-developed characters and intelligent dialogue. A great police procedural.

The Raw Shark Texts...Almost indescribable. It will be like nothing you've ever read. Think the Matrix combined with Memento, with a strong dose of Jaws thrown in. Unbelievably original.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Going on vacation to Puerto Rico and you are going to read? NERD!!!!:no:

Oh no worries. I will be doing all sorts of things. There will be a decent amount of time just chilling on the beach. I have a short attention span, so I plan to do a lot of reading..... My wife can handle me talking for only so long lol.

mplscyclone

Jul 8, 2008
Ames, IA
Here's some quick picks that I think everyone would like:

The Know-it-all, by A.J. Jacobs...It's about one man's quest to read the entire Encyclopedia Britannica. Offers lots of humor and interesting tidbits about anything and everything.

In the Woods, by Tana French...A murder mystery that will keep you up at night. A fast read with well-developed characters and intelligent dialogue. A great police procedural.

The Raw Shark Texts...Almost indescribable. It will be like nothing you've ever read. Think the Matrix combined with Memento, with a strong dose of Jaws thrown in. Unbelievably original.

Those sound pretty interesting. I'll look into those books. I appreciate the suggestions!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron