Bolton is now officially in Portal as expected.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Rasir just isn't a point guard and asking him (or needing him) to play the point showed the gaps in his game at that level. He will be far better if he has the opportunity play with a true 1. The other challenge he has ISU was his defensive performance was below par. In fact even though he could light things up on offensive his net performance in advanced metrics was negative because of the defensive rating . I am not bagging on him, I just think he was used wrong and also may not be the best fit. I wish him all the best and will be rooting for him wherever he lands.

• Agree
Reactions: DurangoCy

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
As expected?? Seems like TJ asked him to leave. Seems odd

No this was highly speculated at and predicted by a number of folks in the know. From what I heard couple weeks ago, I was somewhat surprised it hadn't happened yet. I can't speak to if it was his decision or the staffs, I just heard it was very likely to happen.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah that first paragraph was odd and makes it look like TJ went in a different direction. If so.....wtf.
That's how I read it....and I don't know anything about Rassir, but seemed he was a good kid and played hard....was thinking he'd be one of those anchor guys (kinda like Diante Garrett was) on the transition.

I guess I personally would be a bit disappointed if he was told to leave ..I know, I know, new coach and new culture...but maybe it was mutual or Rassir didn't like what he saw.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron