Body Language

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I watched the video as soon as the email hit my inbox last night. While they were calm, cool, collected, something in the presentation made me nervous for the "what's next." I'm sure there are/were few in the world that could have given me the warm fuzzies, considering the circumstances. Like a Steve Jobs, who could have sold me the moon, or a master poker player that has almost no "tells".

The silence before we got the video was almost better, knowing what we know about how JP works. I still trust the process, even if it's very much out of the control of anyone at ISU.

usedcarguy

Apr 12, 2008
Ames
I watched the video as soon as the email hit my inbox last night. While they were calm, cool, collected, something in the presentation made me nervous for the "what's next." I'm sure there are/were few in the world that could have given me the warm fuzzies, considering the circumstances. Like a Steve Jobs, who could have sold me the moon, or a master poker player that has almost no "tells".

The silence before we got the video was almost better, knowing what we know about how JP works. I still trust the process, even if it's very much out of the control of anyone at ISU.

I didn't read too much into it. It was pretty clear that it was done to calm all the nervous nellies who have been losing their **** on social media over the past few days because Pollard was silent.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
I read through the comments before watching the video. But I don't get any vibe of nervousness from JP. Maybe aggravation of having to go through this. But not really nervous at all.

He had to say something, because everyone was complaining that he wasn't saying anything.

dunar

Aug 31, 2007
West Des Moines, IA
I didn't read too much into it. It was pretty clear that it was done to calm all the nervous nellies who have been losing their **** on social media over the past few days because Pollard was silent.

I thought exactly the same - ISU was last to have a statement, right?

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids
I read through the comments before watching the video. But I don't get any vibe of nervousness from JP. Maybe aggravation of having to go through this. But not really nervous at all.

He had to say something, because everyone was complaining that he wasn't saying anything.

People will b**** about him not saying anything and now they are b******* because of what he said. People really are going to be unhappy with whatever is said and this shows that.

Last edited:

CyLyte2

Dec 3, 2020
I don't perceive from the video that Jamie considers this to be a panic situation. The only "tell" in the video was the eyebrow raise when he talked about Texas and OU "intend" to follow the current GOR.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron