Bob Stoops supports Arkansas in Big XII

Playboi Carti

May 7, 2017
I wouldn't mind them joining along with Cincinnati. They're never going to do anything being in the SEC West with Alabama, LSU, Texas A&M. I could see them wanting to join the big 12

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
No thanks.

I'd consider taking Missouri back (they were there in the Missouri Valley to Big 6 to Big 8/12 days), but TX and Oklahoma schools are enough southern/SW schools, don't need to add SE schools. One Midwest+Great Plains outlier in WVU is adequate.

It's not a bad add, and if the superconferences actually happen I think they are a good choice, but regionally I would rather not.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
No thanks.

I'd consider taking Missouri back (they were there in the Missouri Valley to Big 6 to Big 8/12 days), but TX and Oklahoma schools are enough southern/SW schools, don't need to add SE schools. One Midwest+Great Plains outlier in WVU is adequate.

Versus other choices, I'd take 'em in a heartbeat.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Its not gonna happen, but if they expressed interest of course you say yes. Theyre better than most of the candidates that were named in the last round of expansion discussions

• Agree
Reactions: NWICY

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
Now this actually makes sense vs the terrible idea of adding Houston.

Not sure Ark plus anyone else available is a net positive, but it is one of the better adds. Just no Houston. No need to try to recreate the Southworst conference.

• Creative
  • Agree
Reactions: MIClone and Cyclad

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
For the overall conference they would be a good addition, but for us I would rather see a northern team added for better geographical balance. Being the far north outlier is dangerous - the more we can add up here the better.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I support free meals and free health care and other free stuff. Free internet....it is a human rights issue.

Is Arkansas conference insecure?

I would support the University of Central Missouri at Columbia for the Big 12.....but Melissa Click clicked that up. Thanks.

Cyclone5050

Dec 31, 2012
I've read posts on here that Colorado was regretting leaving for the PAC-10. Wonder if they would come back too? I'd take Arkansas in a heartbeat, they'd fit right in IMHO.