Board Members in Colorado - Storm??

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Did any of you living in CO experience the storm that rolled through the state today? CNN is stating that it was a strong one...here is a link to some good pics from it:

9news | Slideshows | Weld County Tornado 5-22-08

Hope everyone is safe!

Those pictures are much more exciting (scary?) than what I have had out my window all day. The worst of the storms hit north in Fort Collins and more towards the plains.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
If it knocked out their internet, how would we know???

:biglaugh:

Reminds me of the e-mails ya get every once in a while from a friend or whatever with the body saying...

Is this your correct e-mail address?

or

Did you get this e-mail?

Um...if it's not or I didn't...you won't know! :wink:

Cyclone62

Feb 1, 2007
Oldpeopleville
That is a good point...but not all of us are tied to landlines! So...should we be nervous if we don't hear from those who regularly post from CO?
Here's what we should do. And from the past couple of days, it appears many are going to be good at this.
1) Make wild statements and accusations that take down as many people as possible.
2) Run around screaming about the end of the world while simultaneously pulling out our hair.
3) See how many conspiracies we can create about the whole supposed "Storm" that is really just the government keeping secrets.
4) Complain
5) Have about 200 threads on the storm
6) Complain some more
7) Post a whole bunch of LOLcats

cycloneG

Mar 7, 2007
Off the grid
Here's what we should do. And from the past couple of days, it appears many are going to be good at this.
1) Make wild statements and accusations that take down as many people as possible.
2) Run around screaming about the end of the world while simultaneously pulling out our hair.
3) See how many conspiracies we can create about the whole supposed "Storm" that is really just the government keeping secrets.
4) Complain
6) Complain some more

You had me at LOLcats.

cyfanatic

Oct 18, 2006
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
4) Complain
6) Complain some more

Now that is a funny post!

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
u could see that coming from the maps earlier today...Ken Miller and I were chatting in the studio and looking at weather in Omaha as the ICubs are there tonight...and I saw that set up in the west, and told him 'there are going to be tornados in Colorado today'.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
u could see that coming from the maps earlier today...Ken Miller and I were chatting in the studio and looking at weather in Omaha as the ICubs are there tonight...and I saw that set up in the west, and told him 'there are going to be tornados in Colorado today'.

So did you issue a tornado watch for Colorado as soon as you figured it out, or did NWS SPC beat you to it???

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
after missing midwest severe weather, I felt like I was back home with all of the cyclone watches along the front range today... it's wierd though, temps have been in the mid 60s, not the hot humid stuff that is typical before storms in Iowa... fortunately the cyclone didn't hit major population centers. Driving to work today the sky seemed rather ominous, you could tell there was big upslope movement in the clouds, which usually indicates stormy weather, but I sure the heck didn't expect a mile wide twister!

update: checking to local news website, there has been 1 fatality from the twister, and parts of Windsor, CO and Laramie WY have the most damage...here are some pics from 9news....

http://www.9news.com/9slideshows/Weld%20County%20Tornado%205-22-08/

Last edited:

Cybone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
News is reporting 1 dead and one of the 7 tornadoes touched down in the town of Windsor, destroying several buildings. The seven metro counties are currently under a Tornado Watch. Thankfully, I can see them all coming from my office on the 21st floor in downtown Denver...:wideeyed:

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
Not bad where I'm at just NW of Denver. We got a tiny bit of hail, but nothing bad. There were reports of golfball size hail in Longmont Colorado.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
I'm in Estes Park for the week for vacation. We were driving down I-25 right as the storm hit. Didn't really see much though. We did get about dime sized hail when we were in Lyons that lasted about 3 or 4 minutes. Pulled under a tree, and got about half of it on us it felt, and looked like.

By the way, Oskar Blues rocks.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
We used to live on the west side of Greeley not too far from Windsor. I guess we moved just in time.

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
I live in Denver and just flew home from a business trip in Salt Lake today. I was unaware of the tornadoes in CO, but our pilot alerted us on the descent that the winds are 60mph.

The landing was nauseating to say the least; women were screaming, and one blew chunks - luckily in the barf bag ("All the way the paper bag was on my knee, man I had a dreadful flight").

It's still 50 mph winds here. One of the tornados was reported at "1-mile wide"....whoa, can't wait to see the news clip.

Cyclonesrule91

Apr 10, 2006
Waukee
4) Complain
6) Complain some more

If the first 7 don't draw them in then.........

8) Go form a new identity on CF and then post first hand slanted information about riding in the tornado and having first hand information your ride up in the tornado and how it actually wasn't the tornado's fault but the town's in which it hit because they were there.

9) Make sure to call out the tornado and paint him as the bad guy because no matter what his intentions were, it just up and dissapeared into thin air without having the manhood to tell us why it just destroyed what he destroyed.

One of them is guaranteed to stir some **** up..........:biggrin: