Blythe to miss CU game

shadow

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Central Iowa
Schmelling needs to get his econ grade up... wow... saw his last test score, YIKES!

CHim

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
I can't believe that is all the longer it takes to recover from a collapsed freakin lung...Unreal.

ISUAlum2002

Apr 11, 2006
Toon Town, IA
Sheesh. Hope he can make it for the last game of the season. I know its killing Todd not being out there on the field, but I'm really suprised that he isn't going to play in Mac's last 2 games. Especially after the quote in the paper he had about how if there are players that aren't motivated that they need to get out, or something to that effect.

Nedrick

Mar 21, 2006
Carroll, IA
www.jdesignllc.com
I really wonder about Blythe jumping ship. He really seemed ticked off that Mac resigned. Even though his stats were ugly this season, he's got the skills to be a first day pick next April. It's got to be going through his head...

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
ISUFan22, that wasn't sarcasm. Listening and watching the video the other day he looked fine to me and sounded fine. Not that I really care because we wouldn't win the final two games with him. I'm sorry but if he really cared about Mac and giving him something to remember, then he would play. And for the so called "explicit" word that I used, aren't we entitled to freedom of speech in this country. This is a message board and people are entitled to their opinion, and that was mine. As for the word I used, if you think that is explicit then you need to graduate from elementary school.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I relayed to Todd's parents your thoughts, they were deeply concerned. *sarcasm*

Actually, Todd isn't well enough to play and that's no joke. His dad got a bit emotional talking about it. Also, there's no way Todd won't be in an ISU uniform next year. He and his family are Cyclones no matter what.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
ISUFan22, that wasn't sarcasm. Listening and watching the video the other day he looked fine to me and sounded fine. Not that I really care because we wouldn't win the final two games with him. I'm sorry but if he really cared about Mac and giving him something to remember, then he would play. And for the so called "explicit" word that I used, aren't we entitled to freedom of speech in this country. This is a message board and people are entitled to their opinion, and that was mine. As for the word I used, if you think that is explicit then you need to graduate from elementary school.

Problem with mono is it causes internal problems, like enlarged spleen and other stuff.

How this pertains to him not playing football is if he got hit right the spleen could burst and he could die from it. It has happpened before, maybe not in football, but no doctor would ever clear him to play.

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
And that is in fact his problem, the enlarged spleen. Blythe wants to play but the doctors won't clear him because his spleen is too big.

I'd rather not have a Simms situation on our hands.

cychief24

Nov 7, 2006
Todd Blythe has mono. Have you ever had it ZJohnson? Most of the cases causes a swollen speen. You can't play sports with mono.

CYTIME

Apr 3, 2006
What a "insert lack of vocabulary here." He has to get attention somehow cause he isn't getting any on the field.

It sure is easy to pick on someone when they're down. After all, he hasn't done much while he's been here (sarcasm #1). A real man would have his spleen removed, ice it, play the remainder of the season, then have it re-attached or made into a bota (sarcasm #2 for those playing at home).
I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt, though. You see, it could be that our friend thought that Blythe had an enlarged Charlie Sheen. Granted, Carlos Irwin Estevez has enlarged a bit since Platoon, and yes, it would be difficult, though not impossible, to play while carrying him. But, unlike the spleen, many would agree that it is okay for Charlie to take a hit. And, according to his arrest record, he has taken many hits.
One other area of confusion is Denise Richards. She has a spleen, had a Sheen, but her Sheen was mean and had a teen (not sure if that's fact, but I needed a rhyme).

Remember: Friends don't let friends post drunk. Designate a typist, type responsibly and in moderation(I should talk/write), or just turn off the monitor and walk away.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron