BLUM: Wigginton testing the waters; what it all means

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
ESPN.com’s Jonathan Givony (who is the preeminent NBA Draft guru and the one guy who I would trust) reported that Wigginton is a “strong candidate to receive an NBA combine invite."

Interesting that Givony says that yet doesn't have Lindell as a Top 100 propsect on his list

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
Can you declare multiple years? Was wondering if he comes back if he can do this again next year. Was wondering if you can get the invite multiple times. I would assume you can.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Wiggington is NBA level talent IMO, but I'm going to be honest - I don't think he's ready yet for another year. I saw him a lot of the time go down/get knocked down while he had the ball on plays where you can't go down if you're in the NBA. The guys he would go down against weren't NBA size half the time. He looks like a strong guy but honestly I think the guy needs another year for this year alone and hit strength/conditioning hard - maybe it's his balance though.

I'm not saying this either for selfish reasons - I honestly think these things.

• Agree
Reactions: GM4ISU

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
Wiggington is NBA level talent IMO, but I'm going to be honest - I don't think he's ready yet for another year. I saw him a lot of the time go down/get knocked down while he had the ball on plays where you can't go down if you're in the NBA. The guys he would go down against weren't NBA size half the time. He looks like a strong guy but honestly I think the guy needs another year for this year alone and hit strength/conditioning hard - maybe it's his balance though.

I'm not saying this either for selfish reasons - I honestly think these things.
He's strong enough..just needs to work on his handles, passing, and decision making.

enisthemenace

Dec 5, 2009
Runnells, IA
He's strong enough..just needs to work on his handles, passing, and decision making.

I’ll add that I don’t see conditioning as an issue either. Does he have a Diante Garrett level motor? I don’t think so, but not many do. Garrett could play every minute of every game and not slow down. When observing Wigs though, he seems to have the same lift on his shot (which is incredible by the way) in the 40th minute as he did in the first.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Good for him if he goes although I'm just not sure if he's 'there' yet.

Bummer for ISU as it feels like they'd be starting fresh in a way, although obviously not as drastic as this past season, but also not bad PR if ISU's a spot for early draft picks.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Small point but he need to learn not to bite on shot fake. He is such a good jumper it take a long time to recover.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I agree, he leaves his feet to often and too many turnovers.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron