BLUM: Know the Memphis Tigers

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
If Memphis gets gashed through the air in their conference, might want to consider sending Zeb out there. I don't expect that to happen though, so we'll hope to get Montgomery established on the ground.

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
You want to keep the Memphis offense off the field...run game and ball control passes would be the expected strategy for the ISU offense...with some vertical passes to keep the defense honest.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
If Memphis gets gashed through the air in their conference, might want to consider sending Zeb out there. I don't expect that to happen though, so we'll hope to get Montgomery established on the ground.
Zebs arm would be dangerous, but Kempt is the one that really got us here (qb wise). Plus Kempt is extremely accurate and timely with the 10 yard slants, outs, screens. This would allow a true “gashing” of a defense’s secondary. Kempt is also not a schlump with deep passes either. He’s really good at that back shoulder pass and putting it up allowing the receiver to come back to the ball (this is probably due to not as strong of an arm, but it works). Either way I think we can’t go wrong, which is great. Go Cyclones!

Mem-X

Dec 4, 2017
You want to keep the Memphis offense off the field...run game and ball control passes would be the expected strategy for the ISU offense...with some vertical passes to keep the defense honest.
Our defense isn't good enough to be "honest."

"Let em score, we want the ball back!" :eek:

• Optimistic
Reactions: Cycsk

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Their QB is good, but their WR #3 Miller is a BEAST. Hell of a player.

UofMemphis

Dec 5, 2017
it's been a fun ride these past few years! Memphis is 37-13 the past four seasons under Justin Fuente and Mike Norvell. We've been lucky enough to draw teams like Auburn, Iowa State, and BYU in our bowl games...and we managed to knock off teams like Ole Miss and UCLA during the regular season. For a program like Memphis, this is truly rarefied air...I mean, we've never had two 10 win seasons in a four year span before.

Last edited:

Mapdude

Dec 3, 2017
Damn. He's like super saiyan Marchie.

Former walk on..broke all those records essentially in the last two years. Has incredible hands. I have seen him catch passes with one hand, falling out of bounds. Once, he caught a pass with one hand and held it against his helmet falling out of bounds. He will be fun to watch one more time for the Tigers.

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
it's been a fun ride these past few years! Memphis is 37-13 the past four years under Justin Fuente and Mike Norvell. We've been lucky enough to draw teams like Auburn, Iowa State, and BYU in our bowl games...and we managed to knock off teams like Ole Miss and UCLA during the regular season. For a program like Memphis, this is truly rarefied air...I mean, we've never had two 10 win seasons in a four year span before.
We've never had a ten win season. :D But we feel blessed by this team, as well. Most feel they're extremely unlucky to not have eight or nine wins. The five losses came by an average of five points, the two worst of which came before the team "turned the corner". The fans would have taken this record before the season, and we're thrilled, but the team plays better than its record suggests.

To segue, this is going to be a great game. Memphis's offense is going to come out taking risks, and I'd be surprised if they didn't get their share, but the Memphis fans who think they win by a couple of touchdowns are predicting a low probability outcome. It's likely a one possession game either way. I'll be there, and I'm dying to try the barbecue.

Reactions: UofMemphis

OnlyCyclones

Feb 27, 2017
Former walk on..broke all those records essentially in the last two years. Has incredible hands. I have seen him catch passes with one hand, falling out of bounds. Once, he caught a pass with one hand and held it against his helmet falling out of bounds. He will be fun to watch one more time for the Tigers.

His hands really stood out. Even if he doesn't get as much separation I imagine they keep going to him to get contested catches. He terrifies me going through the seam.

UofMemphis

Dec 5, 2017
We've never had a ten win season. :D But we feel blessed by this team, as well. Most feel they're extremely unlucky to not have eight or nine wins. The five losses came by an average of five points, the two worst of which came before the team "turned the corner". The fans would have taken this record before the season, and we're thrilled, but the team plays better than its record suggests.

To segue, this is going to be a great game. Memphis's offense is going to come out taking risks, and I'd be surprised if they didn't get their share, but the Memphis fans who think they win by a couple of touchdowns are predicting a low probability outcome. It's likely a one possession game either way. I'll be there, and I'm dying to try the barbecue.

don't fall for the Corky/Rendezvous trap. get the ribs and catfish at Blues City Cafe on Beale. Central BBQ (downtown or midtown next to Liberty Bowl) is the way to go!

Reactions: OnlyCyclones