Blum: Four's a Crowd

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I always thought a good comparison would be to Prohms first team. Like Floyd he inherited a ready made team with a lot of great experienced players.

Reminds me of one of Johnnys great quotes following the train, "nothing good ever happens after midnight".

Reactions: brentblum

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
I had to see if I could look it up and through the magic of archiving:

"We tell them all the time never to be out," Orr said. "There is no reason to be out after 12. Nothing good ever happens then. Every time something bad happens, it always seems to me it's after 12."

• Winner
Reactions: cyhiphopp

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
The win/loss results feel more like Fred or Eustachy's first team.

Hopefully next season is somewhere in the middle of their 2nd seasons.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I admit I was unaware of Floyd's "touch the basketball" rule with those 3 players. It's kind of "Hoosiers"-esque.
Very Floyd like.

Fred told the story of how Floyd would chew him out for things he didn’t do, just to scare other guys enough to stop.

Reactions: VeloClone

Iastfan112

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 14, 2006
Amusing that this article was posted right before the Kansas game where Jackson and Wigginton went a combined 4/21 whereas everyone else(minus Lard) went a combined 18/27.

In general I disagree with some of the premise of this article. Wigginton, as talented as he is, is shooting less than 40% inside the arc, that's pretty bad. Jackson's rate is even worse. Yet they're taking an average of 12 of these low value shots a game.

Looking at this shows the value a healthy Babb has as well as he's making better than 50% in the same situation, the only guard this year who can say that.

• Winner
Reactions: FinalFourCy

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Amusing that this article was posted right before the Kansas game where Jackson and Wigginton went a combined 4/21 whereas everyone else(minus Lard) went a combined 18/27.

In general I disagree with some of the premise of this article. Wigginton, as talented as he is, is shooting less than 40% inside the arc, that's pretty bad. Jackson's rate is even worse. Yet they're taking an average of 12 of these low value shots a game.

Looking at this shows the value a healthy Babb has as well as he's making better than 50% in the same situation, the only guard this year who can say that.
Totally agree, although there’s something to be said about Kobe assists.

Imo it’s by design more than it is that those three need to- those three by position and designed role should be taking the most shots. If they’re not getting shots it means they’re not getting open and our offense is derailed. Talley has two games really weighting things, and Young rarely shoots as a primary option. How many of Babb’s shots are due to the offense failing and him having to do something? Lard wasn’t available for two of our losses, but I trust Blum removed that from the data set.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron