Black Friday-What are you buying?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Don’t the underpaid retail people get double time for working thanksgiving? It’s a good opportunity to make extra cash for Christmas isn’t it?
But you’re right I never worked retail because I don’t like dealing with aholes or working holidays. Personally I’d be fine if they went back to starting on Friday but you know that won’t happen because $$$$.

Most of the time, yeah, and from the people I know that have been involved, there isn't a huge shortage of people taking the the available spots since a lot of their Thanksgiving stuff is done.

mywayorcyway

Mar 1, 2012
Phoenix
Yeah. I dabble.
I'm also a dabbler. I'm short most of the equipment I need to do it well, so I struggle through with what I have. I have two sets of irons that are currently disassembled - one set of shafts is getting sold and the other is getting swapped into my gamer heads (following a failed experiment). Will probably buy a really cheap set of clubs or shafts to put back in the other set for guests to use while they're in town.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
C'mon man, you're not going to pull that one over me. None of the big club soda guys I know do any of that in their garage. And I know a bunch.
Don’t be bringing your high brow society crap in here. Not all of us can afford a soda stream machine and a fancy kitchen to put it in.

• Funny
Reactions: JP4CY

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
On sale now.
Yeah not on sale per se, you just get the shoes, mat, etc for free.

I don’t care for the headphones too much, I changed out the pedal right away to spd (come with look) because I have Sidi and Keen spd shoes.

I love mine.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Yeah not on sale per se, you just get the shoes, mat, etc for free.

I don’t care for the headphones too much, I changed out the pedal right away to spd (come with look) because I have Sidi and Keen spd shoes.

I love mine.

Ordered.... I guess this next week will be fun!

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Ordered.... I guess this next week will be fun!
Awesome! I hope you enjoy it. I researched long and hard about getting one or an Echelon but the Peloton’s well built, has the largest community, and has great videos.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
Been absolutely lucky so far, new kitchen appliances (all), new 65” TV, and now a Treager Timberline. Now just wish I could find a place that serves Pendleton 1910 in Wake Forest. Go Cyclones!!