Black Friday-What are you buying?

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Because they asked. I answered. Also kind of want to see what people are buying. Why do you care?

Sorry, thought you were one of those anti Black Friday people who hate the sales on thanksgiving and make sure to let everyone know they should be spending time with family instead of shopping.

• Funny
Reactions: SpokaneCY

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
  1. Need a new laptop but looking at higher end stuff and not seeing jackshit. Dell had a Black Friday on an XPS 15 but with low memory and like three or four generations ago processor. Fake deal.
  2. Did score $300 off a Samsung S10e cell phone last night but it wasn't really a Black Friday deal as much as a loyal customer offer thingie. Even so, I hate all of the ******* cell phone services. What a ******* racket. Usually all BS and misleading offers 24/7.
  3. And just leave me alone for a few weeks Audi. I don't want or need a new Audi, mine has only 21,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

2 things

I don’t know what you consider high end but this seems like a good deal.
HP Pavillion 15.6" Laptop w/ Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Win10 at Walmart. Also,https://slickdeals.net/article/deal-guide/best-black-friday-laptop-deals/

As far as the Audi, AWE is having a 15% off. Maybe a down pipe exhaust combo?

Last edited:

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
I'm waiting to see what Home Depot has for tool chests. I'm looking for something like this or a little bit bigger.

gloss-black-husky-mobile-workbenches-h46mwc9xd-64_1000.jpg

I've done a little bit of research and it's probably going to come down to Husky or Milwaukee. I was surprised by two brands, the first being one by Harbor Freight, which ended up being just as nice as the Husky and Milwaukee. The second was Craftsman, which I expected to be great but seemed like junk.

What's on your list?

I might buy that. But it's for my wife so I need to call it a china hutch.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Thinking of getting the wife an Echo Show 5 for an alarm clock. $49.99 at Kohl's.

Other than that, I haven't seen much that's worth bothering with.

derpyherky

May 11, 2018
  1. Need a new laptop but looking at higher end stuff and not seeing jackshit. Dell had a Black Friday on an XPS 15 but with low memory and like three or four generations ago processor. Fake deal.
  2. Did score $300 off a Samsung S10e cell phone last night but it wasn't really a Black Friday deal as much as a loyal customer offer thingie. Even so, I hate all of the ******* cell phone services. What a ******* racket. Usually all BS and misleading offers 24/7.
  3. And just leave me alone for a few weeks Audi. I don't want or need a new Audi, mine has only 21,000 miles on it. :rolleyes:

That's two quality humble brags right there.

chadly82

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 10, 2009
Waiting to see Home Depot specials on light fixtures and NFM for appliances for my new home. Hopefully some good stuff available!

• Winner
Reactions: CheapClone1202

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Just bought a house so now I have some room for some things and I also need a few upgrades so the list is potentially large:

-Shelving and a bench for the garage and club making
-A new desktop PC or a Surface Pro, probably PC
-Misc. gym equipment
-Other things I see and say "Oh yeah I need that and I'd be losing money not buying it."

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Sorry, thought you were one of those anti Black Friday people who hate the sales on thanksgiving and make sure to let everyone know they should be spending time with family instead of shopping.

except black Friday isn't Thanksgiving so you are really conflating two different things here, aren't you?

I don't recall anyone complaining about corporate America making people work on black Fridays in the past. It wasn't until they decided they also needed to open on Thanksgiving that there seemed to be any of the backlash you mention

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron