Black Friday deals 2021

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
I can't justify pulling the trigger on one. My Xbox one is just a Netflix machine at this point.
Me neither. The only game I'm interested in right now for PS5 is Horizon FW, which isn't exclusive. Not going to buy a $500 console to play one game that's not even out yet. I didn't get a PS3 until 2010, and a PS4 until 2016, so if I have to wait another year or 2, so be it.

Walmart is advertising a restock next Monday on their Black Friday ad.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
I got my TV last year so this year I need a sound bar and an Xbox Series X (Fat chance I'll find one even at retail price though).
Skip the soundbar. This home theater was $1100 year ago.

Home thetaer systems blow soundbars out of the water

81UTwdVe-0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Klipsch Black Reference Theater Pack 5.1 Surround Sound System

Price:
$339.99

At Amazon

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I got my TV last year so this year I need a sound bar and an Xbox Series X (Fat chance I'll find one even at retail price though).

We’ve got a Samsung 2.1 soundbar in the bedroom which sucks balls but I am more than happy with sound quality the JBL 2.1 we have in our living room. I think the JBL was 375ish a few years ago and the wireless sub is great. There is a gigantic difference between spending 120 bucks on a bar and 350ish.

Ive got an actual theater system and receiver sitting in storage. I don’t see enough difference in sound quality to justify the extra speakers and the receiver laying around and running wires everywhere. The theater system listed above needs a receiver as well, so you’re talking 200 probably minimum at that point.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cyclonick182

nfrine

Mar 31, 2006
Nearby
We’ve got a Samsung 2.1 soundbar in the bedroom which sucks balls but I am more than happy with sound quality the JBL 2.1 we have in our living room. I think the JBL was 375ish a few years ago and the wireless sub is great. There is a gigantic difference between spending 120 bucks on a bar and 350ish.
Please don't post any photos...my mind has already decided what this looks like.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018

Ive got an actual theater system and receiver sitting in storage. I don’t see enough difference in sound quality to justify the extra speakers and the receiver laying around and running wires everywhere. The theater system listed above needs a receiver as well, so you’re talking 200 probably minimum at that point.
Klipsch does make a wireless system, you can pick up receivers at decent prices these day. Overall a separate system will always sound better than a soundbar, but let me warn you it can get to be an expensive hobby, but also a lot of fun.
Nothing like shaking the house when I crank up the subs.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Looking for a deal on Apple Watches. Any idea what to watch for?
The big thing is if you want it to act like your phone without your phone. Meaning you can make calls and text from it and have data hooked up to it and it doesn’t have to route through your phone

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I'm not in the Apple ecosystem but like about everything else, people rarely complain when they buy the big one. I think last year when I bought my wife's watch, the choice was between a 40mm and 44mm and I went with the 44.

ScottyP

Special Teams Coordinator
Jan 24, 2007
Urbandale, IA
I'm looking at getting my daughter a Fire Kids pro tablet. 8" or 10" one. Trying to decide if the larger one is worth it (slightly better processor).

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Unfortunately, most technology products will be having stocking issues rather than surplus this year. Silicon shortages effect pretty much everything "smart" these days. First wave was the cars, then gaming consoles, and so on. There is a light at the end of the tunnel but it's a lot further away than some people seem to believe.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Anyone see any good deal on ear buds? I need new ones for working out. I bought some but they ended up not having good sound like I expected. Good for podcasts but not music. Thought about Raycons, I see they are 20% off right now.