Bill Simmons wants the Celtics to draft Royce White

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Was just about to post this.

(Fine, fine … the previous paragraph wasn't totally honest. I've already talked myself into The Guy Who's Afraid To Fly. He's the rich man's Boris Diaw! I'm all in! We could just play him 55 games a year — all home games and any East Coast game that he can get to by train. In the playoffs, we'll just roofie him before every road trip. This will be fine. Give me The Guy Who's Afraid To Fly!)

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
Grew up cheering for Larry and the Celtics. I could do it again.

Oh hell yeah. Rivals in the east or not, I like and respect the celtics..I would definitely become a fan if he goes there..would improve my odds having two teams anyway.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I think this anxiety thing is overblown. Flying in the NBA is like riding in luxury, you hop on a private charter that is plush inside and being that a lot of the flights are late night you'll sit down and fall asleep after a game probably. It's not like he'll have to go through airport security and wait at the terminal like you would for a commercial flight which from what I have read the pre-flight stuff is what gets his anxiety going and he's fine once he's in the air.

Anyone who gets Royce in the 20's is getting a steal. Everyone keeps referring to him as top 10 talent then there is the "but..." followed but the anxiety disorder stuff. As much traveling as he'll have to do in the NBA it won't take long for it to just become part of his routine and seem like nothing. In college he had to fly maybe once a week, twice at most. In the NBA he might be flying 3 or 4 times a week if they are on a long road game stretch.

CycloneNorth

Mar 29, 2010
Nashville, TN
I really think Boston would be a great fit for him. It's a great orginization with a great coach and fan base. Plus if they keep KG Royce would be playing with one of the best leaders in the sport.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
I'm still like this idea. Granted, there might be issues with Royce and Rondo on the floor at the same time since you'd have 2 non-shooters out there, but I really think having KG as a veteran mentor would be good for Royce (assuming Boston resigns KG).

Hawkeye11en1

Apr 22, 2011
Colorado
I think this anxiety thing is overblown. Flying in the NBA is like riding in luxury, you hop on a private charter that is plush inside and being that a lot of the flights are late night you'll sit down and fall asleep after a game probably. It's not like he'll have to go through airport security and wait at the terminal like you would for a commercial flight which from what I have read the pre-flight stuff is what gets his anxiety going and he's fine once he's in the air.

Anyone who gets Royce in the 20's is getting a steal. Everyone keeps referring to him as top 10 talent then there is the "but..." followed but the anxiety disorder stuff. As much traveling as he'll have to do in the NBA it won't take long for it to just become part of his routine and seem like nothing. In college he had to fly maybe once a week, twice at most. In the NBA he might be flying 3 or 4 times a week if they are on a long road game stretch.

You do realize Simmons is joking, right?

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
You do realize Simmons is joking, right?

I should lend RentACenter my Sarcasm-Detectors. I get 90% of there profits.

Wanna know why I have to let RAC have my SDs is because NO ONE CAN DETECT SARCASM ON THERE OWN.

I've already lent out 2.

Sorry for my troll rant.

Malone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 7, 2010
Des Moines
I should lend RentACenter my Sarcasm-Detectors. I get 90% of there profits.

Wanna know why I have to let RAC have my SDs is because NO ONE CAN DETECT SARCASM ON THERE OWN.

I've already lent out 2.

Sorry for my troll rant.

their*, their*. There refers to a place, their refers to a group of people or animals

Psiclone

Apr 11, 2006
Wow. At 6 AM on a Sunday...that is what you chose to say.

Now, now, don't be picking on him. If you've actually taken the time to read everything he has ever written, you would know that he has NEVER misspelled a word.:cool:

Help Support Us

Become a patron