Bill Bleil leaving too?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I do not think the local support for Bo is that great at this point. He wins nine, but that is his glass ceiling. Certainly Tommie Frazier belittles him. They are waiting for BIG title or better.

Reactions: CyBobby

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
It might be hard to believe given Bo Pelini's actions , but it's possible for a football coach at Nebraska to cross the line of acceptable behavior at least in the eyes of certain boosters who have the power to pull strings. Bohl, Solich, and Carl Pelini all found out that behavior that was not football related can get you run out of town with basically no chance of being welcome back.

First time I have heard that Solich was run out of Nebraska for bad behavior. I always thought that Solich was run out of Nebraska for losing. His 7-7 record in 2002 was unacceptable and a 9-3 record the following year was not enough to save him.

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
It might be hard to believe given Bo Pelini's actions , but it's possible for a football coach at Nebraska to cross the line of acceptable behavior at least in the eyes of certain boosters who have the power to pull strings. Bohl, Solich, and Carl Pelini all found out that behavior that was not football related can get you run out of town with basically no chance of being welcome back.

Buh buh buh Steve Sipple told Miller and Brinson today Nebraska is different. The boosters don't run the show...
Sipple is essentially Chris Williams except he writes for the Lincoln Journal Star, not huskerfanatic.com. Those are essentially the same things right?

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
First time I have heard that Solich was run out of Nebraska for bad behavior. I always thought that Solich was run out of Nebraska for losing. His 7-7 record in 2002 was unacceptable and a 9-3 record the following year was not enough to save him.

Solich didn't ruffle as many feathers as Bohl or Carl Pelini, but his indiscretion was enough to give Pederson the clout that he needed to oust Osborne's chosen successor.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames
Solich didn't ruffle as many feathers as Bohl or Carl Pelini, but his indiscretion was enough to give Pederson the clout that he needed to oust Osborne's chosen successor.

Are you sure he didn't rustle the feathers? (Survivor joke!)

bfross

Apr 10, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA

It's long been rumored that Solich knocked up a cheerleader. When you're pushing 60 at the time, that can either be viewed as good or bad, but when you're the head coach at one of the most successful FBS programs in the country, it's mostly bad.

Stormin

Apr 11, 2006
It's long been rumored that Solich knocked up a cheerleader. When you're pushing 60 at the time, that can either be viewed as good or bad, but when you're the head coach at one of the most successful FBS programs in the country, it's mostly bad.

The only person Frank Solich has gotten pregnant has been his wife. Who had once been a cheerleader from what I have heard. So your silly story that he was fired for knocking up a cheerleader seem to be pure BS. But feel free to post the evidence supporting your rumor.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area

Well, college cheerleaders are of legal age, so...not too bad by B1G standards.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So the team that kept Lawrence Phillips on its team suddenly started firing people for personal indiscretions? Sorry, but it's hard for me to believe that a university with such "stand up" morals would get rid of a winner regardless of their personal life. I feel like Nebraska would fire a saint that wins 9 games a season so they can hire a sinner that can get them 10-11.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I can't believe that people are really questioning that the UND HC gig is better than being a reshuffled TE coach at ISU.

If I was Bleil I'd be after that in a heart beat.

I can. I've figured out the cross section of this message board.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha

I heard inability to close the recruiting deal.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron