NBA: Biggest NBA bust of all modern time?

Biggest bust of modern times

• Adam Morrison

• Kwame Brown

• Greg Oden

• Anthony Bennett

• Hasheem Thabeet

• Jimmer Fredette

• Other (leave in comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
I don’t count Oden as a bust because it was injuries that derailed him. The other guys were just not good. I think Keene Brown is the biggest on the list. Bennet was in a really weak draft.

Reactions: isutrevman

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
I don’t count Oden as a bust because it was injuries that derailed him. The other guys were just not good. I think Keene Brown is the biggest on the list. Bennet was in a really weak draft.
The best player in the NBA currently was in that draft. It was a really poorly evaluated draft.

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
Fizer was a pretty big bust at the third pick. Oden injuries hurt him. I would say Sam Bowie. Mostly because he sucked, got hurt and was drafted in front of Michael Jordan.

Reactions: Macloney

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Greg Oden was the most obvious one of all time.

1. He was never able to be dominant on offense even when "healthy" in college.
2. He ran like he had the knees of a 95 year old man and was already struggling with injuries.
3. The #2 pick was probably the most obvious can't-miss pick since LeBron James.

I absolutely could not believe that any team would consider using a #1 pick on him when Durant was out there. It was absolute insanity that a lot of people just somehow went along with.

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I have a hard time saying someone is a bust due to injuries. He was a good NBA player when healthy.

Yeah dude got hurt twice. He was absolutely the correct number one pick in that draft

On that list, Morrison would have to be the choice

brown never had a chance with Jordan beating him up. Bennett and thabeet were over drafted because they quality of their draft class.

And jimmer was a sideshow

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Greg Oden was the most obvious one of all time.

1. He was never able to be dominant on offense even when "healthy" in college.
2. He ran like he had the knees of a 95 year old man and was already struggling with injuries.
3. The #2 pick was probably the most obvious can't-miss pick since LeBron James.

I absolutely could not believe that any team would consider using a #1 pick on him when Durant was out there. It was absolute insanity that a lot of people just somehow went along with.

Wasn't part of the logic for taking Oden "7-footers don't grow on trees!" type of thing? Maybe I'm mis-remembering, I'm not a big draft-history expert.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Wasn't part of the logic for taking Oden "7-footers don't grow on trees!" type of thing? Maybe I'm mis-remembering, I'm not a big draft-history expert.
Wasn't he hurt in college also? Harder to blame injuries when he already has the problem and people take him anyhow.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
I voted Kwame....but then got to thinking about Adam Morrison’s mustache and hair and now think maybe that pushes him over the top....

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Gotta be Bennett. For some reason I put him in a different category because, as best I can remember, he wasn't hurt. He just was bad.

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
You gotta add Jahlil Okafar to that list. 5 star recruit, 3rd pick overall, now averaging only 15 minutes a game in what should be his prime years.