Biggest Game In ISU HIstory, at least so the TOE says

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Notice how most of your fellow clone fans don't respond to you. Posts like this are the reason why. You are certifiable.
source.gif

Wow you’re still here?

I thought you’d be on all those other sites. I mean kissing kujawa’s ass takes a lot of your online time, but I’d think that you would be on sites of your true rivals spreading the false greatness that is Iowa athletics

HOU_Blue

Aug 16, 2019
Notice how most of your fellow clone fans don't respond to you. Posts like this are the reason why. You are certifiable.
source.gif

I would imagine this post is in response to something Cat posted? You’d be better off just blocking him. He’s straight up looney tunes. This website is a whole lot better when you don’t have to read his crazy ranting and raving every other post.

• Winner
Reactions: breck53 and BLHawk

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
I would imagine this post is in response to something Cat posted? You’d be better off just blocking him. He’s straight up looney tunes. This website is a whole lot better when you don’t have to read his crazy ranting and raving every other post.

Can you believe benj made up a whole persona to try to make believe he was in grad school?

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
You do realize that Iowa State fans say that they're better than Iowa every year after losing to Iowa, right?

You are confusing ISU and Iowa fans. Hawk fans were the ones calling the game ISU's super bowl under Mac.

Iowa was definitely better than ISU last year when the game was played. Later in the year, I'm not as sure, but that doesn't matter. 2017 is about the only game I can remember in recent years that ISU was better than Iowa and choked. In the end not choking is part of being good too, so that is even debatable.

Iowa has been pretty good under KF for the most part, but the gap is absolutely closing, and I expect this game to be a dog fight to the end again this year. Once Campbell builds an OL, the Clones are going to be very good.

wclarson

Oct 31, 2010
Ames, IA
You are confusing ISU and Iowa fans. Hawk fans were the ones calling the game ISU's super bowl under Mac.

Iowa was definitely better than ISU last year when the game was played. Later in the year, I'm not as sure, but that doesn't matter. 2017 is about the only game I can remember in recent years that ISU was better than Iowa and choked. In the end not choking is part of being good too, so that is even debatable.

Iowa has been pretty good under KF for the most part, but the gap is absolutely closing, and I expect this game to be a dog fight to the end again this year. Once Campbell builds an OL, the Clones are going to be very good.

This!

2017 ISU was the better team that day and shot themselves in the foot. Last year another close game that neither team created much separation till the last few minutes but Iowa proved to be the better team at that point in the season. Later in the year we could be looking at a different narrative but that could be the case for a lot of games.

There is no denying the quality of program that KF has sustained at Iowa and I (along with a lot of ISU fans) have a lot of respect and dare i say admiration for what him and his staff has done.

I think a lot of ISU fans feel defensive with TOE fans because they either refuse to recognize or are completely unaware of how much the gap between their program and ISU has closed over the last 10 years. From Facilities, to Fan support, to recruiting (over the last 3-4 years), etc ISU has made the gap so thin, they have trouble believing it.

few iowa fans even realize that ISU has surpassed the TOE in student enrollment, in state students, and statewide student alumni and its been like that for a decade. The scales are tipping towards a Cyclone State a lot more than they realize especially those stuck in eastern Iowa.

CYber_saber

Mar 2, 2017
This!

2017 ISU was the better team that day and shot themselves in the foot. Last year another close game that neither team created much separation till the last few minutes but Iowa proved to be the better team at that point in the season. Later in the year we could be looking at a different narrative but that could be the case for a lot of games.

There is no denying the quality of program that KF has sustained at Iowa and I (along with a lot of ISU fans) have a lot of respect and dare i say admiration for what him and his staff has done.

I think a lot of ISU fans feel defensive with TOE fans because they either refuse to recognize or are completely unaware of how much the gap between their program and ISU has closed over the last 10 years. From Facilities, to Fan support, to recruiting (over the last 3-4 years), etc ISU has made the gap so thin, they have trouble believing it.

few iowa fans even realize that ISU has surpassed the TOE in student enrollment, in state students, and statewide student alumni and its been like that for a decade. The scales are tipping towards a Cyclone State a lot more than they realize especially those stuck in eastern Iowa.

So, what! Nebraska has better history than Cryowa and they are irrelevant now

mattyheiden

May 3, 2011
MN
This!

What's with the weird infatuation with enrollment? Only people from small towns take that into consideration.

Iowa is the smallest state university in the Big 10. If enrollment was a factor, Notre Dame wouldn't be in the top 25 year after year.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
These idiot TOE fans actually think this is the Biggest game in Iowa State history and of course, we have them to thank for it.

Seriously, its not even on the radar of biggest games. And like I've told many if it was about the opponent we would have gotten Game Day here one of the many Top 5 games that we have played, in which they have never been.

Jesus their heads are so swollen. This is the problem with Squawk fans they are so thick skulled and scared that we might take the spotlight they never had off them they try to insert themselves into anything and everything. Yet its our Superbowl, They are walking jokes.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the absolute worst fans in the country to have to deal with for the rest of the year, this game would be absolutely meaningless, in the grand scheme of things. Game day is huge, don't get me wrong but the game itself, has little importance, other than overall record.

We are getting Game Day because of the success we have seen over the past few seasons and the optimism for this year, and the fact that we have not hosted one as well as was the best location and game for this weekend. Being a quality host team and having a decent opponent is what it is about.

At this point if we were playing any other ranked opponent we would get Game Day here this weekend, it is not because of Iowa, it just so happens to be we are playing them at the opportune time. If it was Texas or Oklahoma this weekend, not only would we also be getting Game Day but we would be in a much better and happier situation, not having to deal with those ignorant idiots. Am I happy we are getting Game Day here? Absolutely, but I wish it was with literally anyone else in the country. No not because I think they might steal the show or anything stupid squawktalk like that, simply because we wouldn't have to listen to their B.S. Seriously, they get worse every year, especially as they see their precious "Top Program In the Country" lose its mediocre luster.

We might all say that Nebraska fans are Delusional, but Iowa fans are Insufferable.

Of COURSE it's a huge game and maybe the biggest yet. Not for the W or L, but for the nationwide pimping of our program while we're on an upswing.

We really need to win this game to elevate ourselves from the pack, but we REALLY need to win this game for national perception.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
The biggest game in ISU history was playing Okie State in the 70s, win it and we were Big 8 champs with a 9-2 record and an invite to the Orange Bowl.

Nobody posting on this board was of age back then. NOBODY gives a crap about anything that happened back then.

• Friendly
Reactions: dexterhawk

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
Nobody posting on this board was of age back then. NOBODY gives a crap about anything that happened back then.

That doesn't automatically diminish the importance of that game.

ISU has had a few "win and in" chances at the Orange Bowl over the years. Even if nobody here was alive then, I'd still contend that those games were more important than this week's game.

• Agree
Reactions: 2speedy1