Big Z talking Smack

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The rumor is Jim Z was making excuese why Iowa has lost to ISU the past few years on Soundoff. Lucky, Iowa really has been the better team, there in no reason Iowa should lose to ISU, its ISU superbowl are some things someone told me he said about ISU winning in the past. I guess I have watched different games than him the past 12 years.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Sorry...I misread the thread title...I thought it said Big Z(abel) needs to be smacked, and I was going to agree...

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
Who ****in' cares.

We've proven to be the better team on the field for the better part of a decade.

I want to play Iowa like its our Super Bowl, cause I want us to play every week like it's our Super Bowl.

goldmember

May 31, 2006
I usually never listen to sound off, but today I heard about 20 mins., and the "got lucky" talk came from a caller, not from Zabel. If during another part of the show Zabel called it luck etc. then I stand corrected.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Agreed.

I would have thought by now, people would just ignore this blathering fool. Apparently not.

Iowa fans think he is god and will use what he said to argue why Iowa is better and should have one 25 in a row all week. Just giving you a heads up on what to expect.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I usually never listen to sound off, but today I heard about 20 mins., and the "got lucky" talk came from a caller, not from Zabel. If during another part of the show Zabel called it luck etc. then I stand corrected.

Soundoff is classic after an Iowa loss, but after a win I dont think I could stomach it after an Iowa win. I didnt hear it with my ears but it is what I was told, so take it as you will.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
The rumor is Jim Z was making excuese why Iowa has lost to ISU the past few years on Soundoff. Lucky, Iowa really has been the better team, there in no reason Iowa should lose to ISU, its ISU superbowl are some things someone told me he said about ISU winning in the past. I guess I have watched different games than him the past 12 years.

I'm pretty sure your rumor source either got it backwards or is making things up. Zabel is as big of a homer as there is anywhere, but he's not an excuse maker and he will flat out say when Iowa sucks like he did last year. It's the other guy on Soundoff (Jon, not Jim) who continually spews the nonsense about Iowa not trying, not showing up, ISU's superbowl, etc.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Since this is the week leading up to the Super Bowl, what are all of the good commercials going to be this year???

mike4cy

Aug 4, 2006
Urbandale
All I know is that my hatred for the Hawks runs pretty deep, I think we have a great chance to win in I.C. this year and I could not be more excited for this week. It is weird not being a student this year though....