BIG XIII payout this summer

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
It didn't bother me that Hassel didn't know - neither his full time gig nor fandom require him to be familiar with the Big XII and he readily admitted that he didn't know. But for CW to cite incorrect information instead of just owning that he didn't know was embarrassing.

Reminded me a lot of when they broke down ISU's possible path to the FB CCG last fall and a few other instances since then. It's ok to say you don't know and let Matty VanStats look it up quick.
I agree with everything you said but will push back on Hassel a little bit. It’s not like he’s an accountant and this a side gig. He works for CBS sports and calls college football as a broadcaster in the fall.

There’s no excuse for cw to know how many team other conferences have but not the Big 12.

At the end of the day not a huge deal but come on guys.

Last edited:

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
I guess you could call it "triggered" but this headline for the past 15ish years absolutely kills me.

"ACC and Big 12 Lead With 7 NCAA Tournament Bids"
(then article completely ignores how 7/10 is WILDLY better than 7/15)
Nothing drives me more nuts than the "most bids" graphics the SEC, Big 10, and ACC media idiots make sure to blast all over their coverage. Until this year of course, when for some reason NOW the % is considered important...

• Agree
Reactions: HouClone and HFCS

1SEIACLONE

Jun 2, 2024
Ames Iowa
OMG!......Im talking about only the media deal portion, here. You realize there are a lot more than that in the total payout right!!!!!

And it did increase, only because of the old contract, and having to pay the new members out of our share, it didnt increase per school like it would have.

You are blocked just like your other id.
Keep moving that goal post, you stated the media share per team goes up by 2 million a year on average, but in fact it dropped when the new teams were added.
All in, we are not going to be at the $50 million you said all along was the number.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

FriendlySpartan

Jul 26, 2021
Keep moving that goal post, you stated the media share per team goes up by 2 million a year on average, but in fact it dropped when the new teams were added.
All in, we are not going to be at the $50 million you said all along was the number.
Out of curiosity why did you have to create a new/alt account?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Media share for 10 teams.......what the old contract is based on with NO PRO RATA..... last year 440M = 44M per school.

This year 470M = 47M per team at 10 teams. that is a 3M per team increase.

But because we agreed to give a portion out of our payout for the new teams, on the old contract, we get less for this year!

My god man, just say you dont understand math or anything to do with the contract.

No goal post moved. Again there is the Media contract, and the total payout, which are 2 different things.

******* troll!

• Winner
Reactions: NWICY and 1UNI2ISU

1SEIACLONE

Jun 2, 2024
Ames Iowa
Media share for 10 teams.......what the old contract is based on with NO PRO RATA..... last year 440M = 44M per school.

This year 470M = 47M per team at 10 teams. that is a 3M per team increase.

But because we agreed to give a portion out of our payout for the new teams, on the old contract, we get less for this year!

My god man, just say you dont understand math or anything to do with the contract.

No goal post moved. Again there is the Media contract, and the total payout, which are 2 different things.

******* troll!
I understand math quite well, YOU that stated the media numbers would be hitting $50 million this season, now you are again moving the goal post with "we added teams. So according to the math genius we would have been at $47 million", but we agreed to give some of that money to the new schools, and therefore did not reach that $47 million per team. But somehow you still say we would have made the number, but we didn't. Keep digging that hole deeper, you are wrong and just refuse to admit it, and while we are at it, we are not going to be anywhere near $70 million anytime soon.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I understand math quite well, YOU that stated the media numbers would be hitting $50 million this season, now you are again moving the goal post with "we added teams. So according to the math genius we would have been at $47 million", but we agreed to give some of that money to the new schools, and therefore did not reach that $47 million per team. But somehow you still say we would have made the number, but we didn't. Keep digging that hole deeper, you are wrong and just refuse to admit it, and while we are at it, we are not going to be anywhere near $70 million anytime soon.
Along with @FriendlySpartan I'm also curious why you had to create a new account.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Oh look, a dumbass.

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
I'm pretty sure the only people talking 50 million plus are the SEC & B1G
I would think the Big12 & ACC could get close with new CFP. All depends how much money from championships.
  • Big12 Base - $30M
  • 12T CFP - $13M
  • Championships $XM

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Could you two guys just start your own thread in the Politics forum? That way we can all opt out of this bickering.

I'm tempted to start a thread to compile facts about the various contracts and payouts, sort of like the recruiting threads. Almost like a wikipedia page. So it can be CLEAR what is correct, what is speculative, what is sloppy or rounded, and what is just wrong.

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
We moved to Ames last week, and I lost my login password and we changed email addresses, and just figured it would be easier to start a new account. I would be willing to go back to my old on if someone would tell me how to do that.
You do you, man. Why anyone cares "what account" someone uses - or whether or not they have created/used multiple accounts over the years - on a free/public/anonymous sports message board - is mind-boggling to me. Ya'll are arguing with a ghost that you'll never see or touch.

I created this account in March of 2006 while lab monitoring in the basement of Heady Hall. Cannot believe they paid me $6.50 an hour to do that!

As CascadeClone notes above - it would be nice to just see the clear number of revenue we'll get this year and next, etc. I don't really care where it comes from, what is included, what are the nuances, what are the contracts, etc. Just simply -
What is the revenue we'll pull in THIS YEAR from everything?
Is this MORE or LESS than what we expected?
Where does this put us vs. our peers and rival conferences?

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Nope again you are wrong. Never Said we would get 50plus from the Media contract. I said total payout. You just cant read or comprehend reality.

Media payout in new contract is....... 31.7, minus a small amount for the 2 teams fox portion, that is clear and all I have ever stated. I stated the total payout would be more than 50m.

You really struggle with reading comprehension and simple math, as well as the difference between Media pay and total pay.

The hole I am digging is apparently in your head, because wow.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
I would think the Big12 & ACC could get close with new CFP. All depends how much money from championships.
  • Big12 Base - $30M
  • 12T CFP - $13M
  • Championships $XM
Our new media contract is 10M+/- per team more than our current one.

So if we are getting 40M+ (total payout, as some have a hard time understanding) plus with our current deal, adding 10M per, to that would take us over 50M.

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Could you two guys just start your own thread in the Politics forum? That way we can all opt out of this bickering.

I'm tempted to start a thread to compile facts about the various contracts and payouts, sort of like the recruiting threads. Almost like a wikipedia page. So it can be CLEAR what is correct, what is speculative, what is sloppy or rounded, and what is just wrong.
Sorry, I didnt start the bickering again, this Jackwagon keeps starting it everywhere. His old accnt is on permanent ignore, and I am adding his new one too, because he is nothing but a troll.

• Dumb
Reactions: 1SEIACLONE

1SEIACLONE

Jun 2, 2024
Ames Iowa
Nope again you are wrong. Never Said we would get 50plus from the Media contract. I said total payout. You just cant read or comprehend reality.

Media payout in new contract is....... 31.7, minus a small amount for the 2 teams fox portion, that is clear and all I have ever stated. I stated the total payout would be more than 50m.

You really struggle with reading comprehension and simple math, as well as the difference between Media pay and total pay.

The hole I am digging is apparently in your head, because wow.
Not going to be anywhere near $50 million, and we both know it from this media contract. You started this crap with your OP stated that ISU would be above $50 million this season, and be pushing $70 by the end of the contract. Also stated that new money's would rise and it actually went down with the new teams cut. Your numbers are wrong, but you refuse to admit it and have yet to link any source other than your opinion of how you come up with the number you stated. It's wrong and you refuse to admit its wrong.

• Dumb
Reactions: 2speedy1

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron