BIG XII Tourney! Predictions

sigh

Apr 11, 2006
Denver
2014_mbasketball_bracket-page-001.jpg
My predictions: WVU vs ISU championship!

I think we'll make some free throws and have more than 2 points off the bench to beat Kstate this time.

No way KU losses 2 straight. ISU vs KU semi's. We have to get them this time ("we got em, we got em, we got em") - Praying Self sits Embiid till the NCAA tourney.

The other side of the bracket is a toss up imo. Going with what I think is the hottest team on that side, WVU. I could see UT and OU in the ship as well. Baylor could make it but the Scott Drew won't let that happen.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
OSU and Baylor win Wednesday, KU over ISU and Texas over OU in the semis, KU over Texas for championship.

sigh

Apr 11, 2006
Denver
Yeah, That buzzer beater Yesterday got me drinking some serious Koolaid! I have yet to drink the optimistic Koolaid this season so hopefully it works!

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
The minute we lost @KSU I thought we would stomp them if given another chance in the tournament...beyond that who knows.

Crazy that the 8/9 matchup is a solid game, then the 8/9 vs 1 will probably also be an incredible matchup.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
TCU gets their first three big 12 wins at the perfect time...big 12 champs.

Ok, yeah right.

I think we we play with some swagger, up tempo, we certainly should beat KSU and have a great shot at KU.

I also think Okie State could get KU in second round.

clone96cr

Apr 11, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Kansas is in the tourney for sure, so I'd rest Embiid another week if I were Self. If that happens, I'd take OSU over Kansas and Tech. I think ISU beats K-St in a close one at Hilton South setting up an epic round 3 for OSU & ISU.

ISU over Texas in championship (I might be a bit of a Cyclone homer).

cyclonepower

Oct 5, 2006
WDM
While Okie State would be the lady team I would want to see, playing them for there third game in 3 days wouldn't be bad, I don't think they beat KU though

WIB

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 2, 2010
Ames
While Okie State would be the lady team I would want to see, playing them for there third game in 3 days wouldn't be bad, I don't think they beat KU though

I feel like 3 games in 3 days really doesn't bother college teams. These guys AAU teams played like 3/4 games a day I'm sure. I think it just hurts them in scouting the other team and preparing their game plan more than being tired.

dirtyninety

Oct 6, 2012
I know I will be corrected on this .....but the Big12 tournament is being refereed by "Big12" referees. Unless they are flying in some unbiased Colonial Conference guys, KU wins. Bill Self wins. Bill Self gets #1 seed in NCAA and wins first two round games by 20plus points. Bill Self and all the KU sycophants get together in April and play golf and laugh at the rest of the conference chumps and passive fan-bases that let another year of sweet calls continue.

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
Looking at the bracket again, has there ever been a more difficult path the the championship for a #1 seed? If (and when) OSU beats Tech that sets up a crazy quarterfinal match-up. Unreal.

GoClones123

Sep 5, 2010
Clive, IA
I like us over KSU in the first round.

I like KU over OSU and it all depends if Embid sits against ISU or not. If Billy boy uses Embid we will not win the game, if he choses to sit him out then we have a chance.

No one on the other side of the bracket really scares me. The teams on the other side of the bracket are good home teams but on road and neutral sites are lacking. I believe whoever wins between ISU and KU on Friday wins the tournament.

The question will be what ISU team shows up in KC. This has been ISU's weakness all year, it isn't so much about the competition they play but about what happens between their ears. IF ISU shows up with a tough mindset, we have a good chance to run the gauntlet.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Assuming Embiid sits.

OSU over KU
ISU over KSU
UT over WVU
Baylor over OU

OSU over ISU
Baylor over UT

Baylor over OSU

That 2nd day of the tourney should be epic.

mcdrier

Dec 11, 2013
Here is my predictions

I am predicting crazy stuff...the top3 seeds lose out due to playing Baylor and Okie State...ISU gets to Sat. due to wide open bracket and becomes the highest remaining seed.

ISU beats KSU
Okie St wins on Wed, and will beat KU on Thursday, with our without Embiid
ISU beats Okie State to reach the finals

Baylor wins on Wed, and comes and beats OU.

WV beats Texas

WV beats Baylor

Finals = ISU v WV

ISU wins second Big 12 Tourney!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
So frustrated that i get on a plane right as our game starts and might not be able to get a score until it ends.