Big XII in pursuit of Arkansas transfer

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Damian Williams (WR Arkansas) indicated he will be transferring. So far Texas Tech, Baylor, Missouri and Colorado have asked permission to contact Williams. Makes me wonder if Chizik has any interest. Tech probably has the best shot but no reason why ISU couldn't compete against any of the others.

CYKXBUT

Jul 21, 2006
Isn't he "one of the three" players and parents who had a meeting with the AD about Arkansas not passing the ball enough? T.O. Junior? If so, I think I would pass.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Git r done. We would be happy to have him check us out. We have lots of scholarships to offer.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
He's the guy that came from their OC's high school with Mustain (the QB) and the TE, who's parents bitched to the AD because they weren't throwing it enough. From what I've read, he may not have a temperment suited for Chizik.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
He is upset about not seeing the ball more often in the offense they are running, wants 60 catches a year. The biggest complaint is that he thought they would run the spread offense he ran in high school since his coach was hired as OC, but they didn't because McFadden is simply a stud and deserved the ball every time. His parents are also pushing for a higher academic school according to an inside source (Mitch Mustain's aunt). Where are you located at Arkansas?

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
NW Arkansas...live in Bella Vista and work in Rogers. Great area! But if you get any further south than Ft. Smith it gets a little weird.
I've always thought it gets a little wierd south of, well, Iowa.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
NW Arkansas...live in Bella Vista and work in Rogers. Great area! But if you get any further south than Ft. Smith it gets a little weird.

Thank goodness I am not alone! Live in Pea Ridge and work in Rogers also, have seen several Hawkeye plates around here, but never a Cyclone. Any others that you know of around here? Would love to be able to get together a game watch crew at some point if our games are televised and I am not at it.

dsouth

Nov 24, 2006
the bella vista area? i remember going down there when i was a kid and having a blast. golf courses everywhere pools,ect. i am sure a lot of iowans have homes there.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
the bella vista area? i remember going down there when i was a kid and having a blast. golf courses everywhere pools,ect. i am sure a lot of iowans have homes there.

I've never seen so many golf courses in just one area and I'm not just talking about BV...I think there's now 8 in BV and probably 15 to 20 total throughout NW along with some gorgeous lakes. Lots of Iowans too. Seems like someone always says 'hey, I noticed you're from Iowa...whereabouts?' Also home to some of the most gorgeous women. Now THAT I like!

Unfortunately WAY too many 'other guys' car tags down here. We need to do something about that.

Tulsa Cyclone

Nov 21, 2006
Tulsa, OK
Work in NW Arkansas 3-4 times a month. The parents of the three kids learned, from AD Frank Broyles, that the University of Arkansas isn't a sister program to Springdale High School. They didn't have much reason to complain. All three kids were on the All-SEC freshman team.

Damian Williams is the kid who is most likely to leave. His parents may want him to stay close to home so they can easily drive to his games. I'd be surprised if the other kids (QB, TE) leave Arkansas, but we will know more after their bowl game.

arkycy

Oct 19, 2006
Bella Vista, Arkansas
Aha! I see 'cyzmatters' has transferred. When I first saw 'Arkansas', it made me wonder. Nice knowing there are other Cyclones here with us also. Live on the west side of Bella Vista and don't think that the Hogs will miss Williams all that much.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Aha! I see 'cyzmatters' has transferred. When I first saw 'Arkansas', it made me wonder. Nice knowing there are other Cyclones here with us also. Live on the west side of Bella Vista and don't think that the Hogs will miss Williams all that much.

You found me!:biggrin9gp: I ended up using 'Arkansas' since I couldn't think of anything unique (and it was giving me a headache trying to think of something) and CyzMatters was already taken. Now for the dumb side....CyzMatters was probably used by me when I signed up for the site awhile back, I've since forgotten the password. Gee, me with a problem of remembering...go figure.

Yeah, I opened my big mouth at the office. I said at the beginning of FB season if Arkansas gets into a New Years Day bowl I'd wear an Arkansas shirt to work. You think I'd learn. I'm planning to wear a Texas shirt Friday which will have a double meaning.

arkycy

Oct 19, 2006
Bella Vista, Arkansas
You found me!:biggrin9gp: Yeah, I opened my big mouth at the office. I said at the beginning of FB season if Arkansas gets into a New Years Day bowl I'd wear an Arkansas shirt to work. You think I'd learn. I'm planning to wear a Texas shirt Friday which will have a double meaning.

If I hear anything about you 'calling the hogs', I have never heard of you!!

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas

I take offense to that :frown3qg: ( I live in Cabot by the way)

oops....meant to say south of Cabot....yeeeeeah, that's what I meant....south of Cabot. :wink0st: Actually it doesn't get really wierd until you get south of Little Rock. I picked up my black lab down in Stuttgart a few years ago. That's a whole different style of living down there.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
Thank goodness I am not alone! Live in Pea Ridge and work in Rogers also, have seen several Hawkeye plates around here, but never a Cyclone. Any others that you know of around here? Would love to be able to get together a game watch crew at some point if our games are televised and I am not at it.

Actually there are a few of us down here. Arkycy for starters. We email back and forth from time to time. Great guy! I know at one point there were about five ISU fans in Arkansas when I inhabited the CR board.

I've seen a few Cyclone plates down here but only a handful and catch someone wearing ISU gear once in awhile as well. The best I've seen so far is an ISU pennant hanging in Buffalo Wild Wings. You don't see that very often down here.

iowastatechris

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Burlington, IA
oops....meant to say south of Cabot....yeeeeeah, that's what I meant....south of Cabot. :wink0st: Actually it doesn't get really wierd until you get south of Little Rock. I picked up my black lab down in Stuttgart a few years ago. That's a whole different style of living down there.

Stuttgart is kind of a strange place, I will give you that for sure :biggrin9gp:.

kimrickard

Mar 19, 2006
I'm a Cyclone alum living in Fort Smith. I'm thrilled to hear there are more ISU fans in Arkansas. I'm also a U of A alum, and love to call the hogs!!!

For those of you holding out on becoming a Razorback fan...I'll suggest that there is plenty of room in your hearts to be a Cyclone Fanatic AND a Hawg Fanatic.