Big XII Championship Game

Who are you rooting for in the Big XII Championship Game?

• Oklahoma

Votes: 156 92.9%
  • Baylor

Votes: 12 7.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
And yet, it took a game official to remove a player -- a player who only then went to the locker room and hasn't come back.

Agree. I don't have a big issue with putting a player's safety as the top priority.

If someone thinks the Big 12 Championship is more important than a kid staying in the game and playing with a concussion and risking REALLY serious health risks.... then I'm at a loss.

• Agree
Reactions: BigCyFan

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
To me it's ultimately the players decision.

For example, I got knocked out in the 1st quarter against Mizzo, by the 4th quarter my headache went away and I put myself back in.

Sorry... that's just wrong. I hope you aren't feeling any ill effects from your playing days now. Getting knocked out is nothing to mess around with at all.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree. I don't have a big issue with putting a player's safety as the top priority.

If someone thinks the Big 12 Championship is more important than a kid staying in the game and playing with a concussion and risking REALLY serious health risks.... then I'm at a loss.

BU's coach looks like he sold someone a Buick with no engine this morning...wouldn't be shocking.

Reactions: herbicide

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You can't just forgive a loss because it was a "long time ago". If that's the case I forgive Oregon for losing to Auburn in week 1 and Oregon should be in the playoff over UGA since they lost to 2 better teams than what UGA did.

I don't think the committee would put Georgia in over OU or Baylor if Georgia loses today... I'm just saying that if you go by "who are the 4 best teams right now".... then I think Georgia looks better "right now" than either OU or Baylor.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I don't think the committee would put Georgia in over OU or Baylor if Georgia loses today... I'm just saying that if you go by "who are the 4 best teams right now".... then I think Georgia looks better "right now" than either OU or Baylor.

I thought Oregon last night looked better than any of them...which justifies 8 teams.

• Agree

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You could put a bunch of clips of Hurts carrying the football for what NOT to do to show to youth players.

• Winner
Reactions: isutrevman

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
Baylor fans should be ashamed of themselves. Less than a 2 hour drive with a playoff trip on the line and I hardly see any green in that audience.

• Winner
Reactions: clonedude

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton

I get what you are saying but you can't go by "right now" because then that forgives loses earlier in the year.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
I dislike Rhule as much as anyone, but he's 100x the human being Art Briles is, that's for sure.

True but I'm not convinced that Baylor's players just up and decided to put bounties on Butler and Montgomery last year...or at least it wasn't unknown or controllable by the staff.

• Agree

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
To me it's ultimately the players decision.

For example, I got knocked out in the 1st quarter against Mizzo, by the 4th quarter my headache went away and I put myself back in.

Yeah, and now you clearly have a case of “bad brain”. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: isufbcurt

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I thought Oregon last night looked better than any of them...which justifies 8 teams.

That very well could be. It didn't surprise me at all that Oregon handled Utah. Had they taken care of business a few weeks ago against ASU, they'd be in right now.

• Agree

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
This Baylor team has little connection to the Briles era. I almost always go with the underdog team over the blue blood. Hope Utah and Baylor win so the committee has to pick one of them for the CFP. I am guessing the committee/ESPN is hoping Georgia beats LSU so they can leave both of them out.
If you go to Baylor boards, you'll soon find out that they keep making excuses for what the university and Briles tried to hide. F Baylor. They should be out of the league.

diaclone

Apr 16, 2006
Metro Omaha
Never thought I'd see Baylor, Penn St, and heartwarming all in the same sentence.

Let's try this. It would have been really heartwarming to see Baylor and Penn St get kicked out of their respective conferences.
And it would have been additionally heartwarming to see Briles and Paterno standing up for protecting female students and young boys instead of predatory coach and players.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Me too, but if I do end up with them it was still all worth it. But on a positive when my wife tells me something and I forget it I just claim "CTE". She doesn't think it's funny lol.

I understand. I know not everyone has felt that way later on in life, but everyone is different.

If you're doing something you love more than anything else in the world, then it's pretty easy to accept whatever consequences may come from that.

It's like that free climber that climbs all those crazy steep rock faces out in Yosemite.... he's doing what he loves to do and it's his passion. He doesn't feel alive without doing it. So for him it's worth any negative consequences that could happen..... like slipping and falling to your death. I totally get that, and it's a pretty cool thing too IMO.