Big Ten Legends and Leaders divisions are no more

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
If they go East-West anyone wish they were in the west?
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

Yeah, that's the issue. That is almost a perfect dividing line but the division are so imbalanced it's not funny. You would run into the same thing we ran into in the old Big 12 with OU, UT and whoever else beating each other up so no one stands out.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
holy crap...

Which division ideas do you prefer? « Big Ten Network

mother of god that's a legitimate BTN survey too. please everyone get on there and vote for "inner and outer". it's almost like they're trolling here. did someone really sit down and say "hey, you know what sounds like a good idea? inner and outer"? the only thing more embarrassing than B1G football is their PR.

If I were an Iowa fan I'd be THRILLED that they are floating options that put Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State in the same division. The names for those divisions should be "Decent Football Division" and "$hi++y Football Division"...but "innie" and "outtie" does have a nice ring to it.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If they go East-West anyone wish they were in the west?
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin

This would be every bit as unbalanced in football as Big 12 North and South were, if not more since it looks like Penn State's "crippling" sanctions still make them a top four team in the conference.

klamath632

Nov 19, 2011
I'm warming up to "Rose Bowl Runners-Up" and "Capital One Bowl Runners-Up"

Last edited:

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
This made me laugh.

"Sadly, Delany and the Big Ten's athletic directors and presidents will pass on the most appropriate division names available: Rose Bowl Loser and Capital One Bowl Loser."

from: Ten bold predictions for 2013 -- college football - ESPN

8. Oregon will play an SEC team for the national championship.

Buoyed by coach Chip Kelly's return to Oregon, the Ducks will go 12-1 in the regular season and win the Pac-12. With Mariota returning for his second season under center, the Ducks will play an SEC team in the last BCS National Championship at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif.

Not so fast my friend!

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
Mac & Cheese

Macaroni in honor of the Yankee Doodles in the east & Cheese for the cheese heads.

Works for me.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
I heard they are going with the "Arrogant Cheaters" and the "Muddled Mediocre Mess" Divisons. The B1G will also have a special junior/developmental Division called "Iowa".