CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
No, 2020 has seen a major increase in total deaths. Over 200,000 more than expected at this point in the year. Here is an article that breaks down the data - I love detailed data driven factual reporting like this, it cuts through any crap and keeps us all informed. Read up if you want to be knowledgeable on this subject. I’m assuming the silly graph posted above was comparing 7.5 months of 2020 to full 12 month years. Nobody should be gullible enough to fall for that.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK
All of the Buckeye pods and sports radio saying that Gene Smith and the new President wont buck the big 10.
Not worth making an enemy of the entire league for one season. The legal ramifications alone with TV rights wouldn't likely be worked out in time to have a separate fall season.

Also the optics of just doing this for football(assuming they wouldn't be rushing to get Volleyball games scheduled) will not look great.

Last edited:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
No, 2020 has seen a major increase in total deaths. Over 200,000 more than expected at this point in the year. Here is an article that breaks down the data - I love detailed data driven factual reporting like this, it cuts through any crap and keeps us all informed. Read up if you want to be knowledgeable on this subject. I’m assuming the silly graph posted above was comparing 7.5 months of 2020 to full 12 month years. Nobody should be gullible enough to fall for that.

It was not and you don't like reading that much because you didn't make it through the title. Try again. But seriously how do you have "excess" deaths when total deaths are done? Clearly they have data or definition problems.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
It was not and you don't like reading that much because you didn't make it through the title. Try again. But seriously how do you have "excess" deaths when total deaths are done? Clearly they have data or definition problems.
Your link with the graph was retracted, you should also retract it.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

You really don’t understand the concept of excess over expected? This should not require explanation.

The BS graph you posted has already been debunked. But Anyone with an ounce of common sense in their head who took a minute to think about it already knew that, just from looking at it.

Please quit getting tricked by, and then spreading false information

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls
Yea, a hell of a lot more people will get sick this year than a normal year because COVID-19 is way more dangerous than the diseases we normally deal with. COVID-19 has already tripled the amount of deaths from the flu in a typical year, and we're not even 3/4 of the way through the year. It is not only more deadly than the flu, but also spreads easier.

Should we all just ignore it and live life like normal? Estimates are we would see 2 million dead from COVID in a year if we had zero mitigation efforts. How many people should die from COVID-19 so we can watch college football?

You are right, every estimate that has been given has been spot on...

• Informative
Reactions: Acylum and Cyclad

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

His point is not dependent on every estimate being spot on, so I don’t understand this response- it doesn’t make sense in the context of the post you replied to.

I’ve been pretty surprised how accurate the most cited predictions have been these last few months.Especially given all the uncertainties of modeling the spread of a disease that is dependent on human behavior.

melt

Apr 5, 2006
Chicago, IL

The 2 million figure was dumb for me to include anyway because it was based on doing nothing, which obviously would not happen. The estimates have to change all the time because what we do changes all the time. Close the economy, open back up, mask enforcement, all that drastically changes the spread of the virus. I think Trump did say 100-200k deaths back in March, so he did get something right for a change.

Anyway, 9 sooners have already tested positive, so let’s see how prepared these schools really are.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Nubs media has found the latest thing to yank each other over

tenor.gif

Reactions: Triggermv

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron