Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
The weird thing is I thought they had been recruiting pretty well the whole time. They just get absolutely nothing out them. That's why I thought Frost might actually do something.

This could be skewed, been a few years since I worked with the guy who gave me daily updates on their recruiting rankings.

I think both this staff and the last take chances on a lot of guys that might be rated highly but they either have academic troubles or other issues that other big schools are shying away from. That and it appears their development is really bad. They have had a lot of transfers under Frost. Had a couple guys this year that transferred even before their freshman season.

• Informative
Reactions: Bigman38

Beyerball

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
Texas
Yea there are several companies and univ very close to getting fda approved at home tests with saliva that give results very fast..

undortuantely it might not be until mid to late 4th qtr I’m seeing...

if just one of these was launched within next month it could literally save college sports..

If big 12 were smart they would all come up with same protocols for every team during school etc.. All teams do online classes...all meals provided at sports complexes...no student athlete is allowed in bars or other high traffic places during the season etc...if they all agreed to this we would for sure have football. How realistic ? Prob not lol..

but we are only talking 3 months.

• Agree
Reactions: BryceC

Halincandenza

Oct 24, 2018
Yea there are several companies and univ very close to getting fda approved at home tests with saliva that give results very fast..

if just one of these was launched within next month it could literally save college sports..

If big 12 were smart they would all come up with same protocols for every team during school etc.. All teams do online classes...all meals provided at sports complexes...no student athlete is allowed in bars or other high traffic places during the season etc...if they all agreed to this we would for sure have football. How realistic ? Prob not lol..

Question would be how reliable they are. Been reading there are lot of crap tests on the market right now.
Also, I don't think you can put requirements like that on students.

Chapanye

Apr 11, 2012
Undisclosed

That's the way this works but from an optics/PR perspective it can't happen like that. If a player's academic/social/personal life is totally modified to facilitate a football season, it becomes almost impossible to assert that they're at University X for any reason other than playing football. Once that happens, you'll have to start bargaining with these kids and the amateur model as you know it is dead

• Agree
Reactions: cycloneG

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
That's the way this works but from an optics/PR perspective it can't happen like that. If a player's academic/social/personal life is totally modified to facilitate a football season, it becomes almost impossible to assert that they're at University X for any reason other than playing football. Once that happens, you'll have to start bargaining with these kids and the amateur model as you know it is dead
Very interesting. Way back when I went to school, football players had to live in the dorms, had to eat at the football table, and regularly had curfews. Now, I know there are other issues, but not sure that argument holds.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
I have heard that the Sr's will get another year of eligibility, which makes the class of '21 very complicated. There will be a lot of great players out on the market in my opinion, and hopefully we can get some of those guys. I truly think the NCAA should let kids transfer that want to play right away, but that could be really messy from a timeline perspective. We all know the season could be cancelled anytime, so it wouldn't make much sense for a kid to transfer with all of the uncertainty.
Should make for a big grad transfer market.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Maybe the big ten east will have an uprising and break away and play this season. Would be quite enjoyable if that happened.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
Coming in late to the table and apologize if already discussed/stated: you can't have it both ways - invite students back and no sports. Athletes will be segregated and tested daily. Also, Campbell outlaws going to bars during the season and I would not be shocked if all FB players take all classes online. I believe our students (dorms and fraternities, excluding off campus) are more at risk than students.

Unless big tin and pack wussies outlaw students on campus, this is a political statement. You can't have it both ways.
I disagree, you need to let at least some students come back because they will not be able to take their classes online