SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Also, if things go nuclear in Linclon and they do join the Big 12, if I'm West Virginia's president, I'm looking up ALL my old connections in the Big 10.

No way in hell W. Virginia would ever end up in the Big 10, look at their academic standing, they are right down there with TT.
I have stated before if the Big 12 ever breaks apart, WV will end up being on the outside looking in, the ACC wants no part of them, and unless the SEC is desperate, and they are the only school left, then maybe the conference may take a chance on WV, otherwise its back to the American or the Big East.

peteypie

Jun 20, 2007
Any good science or facts to back that up? How about the long term heart effects? How about spread to other folks? There just was a news item that I linked somewhere here about a guy who attended church and infected nearly 100 others directly and indirectly.

This is more than just the players......

We know that you'll do and say anything to justify having college football. We'll all miss it, but there's a bigger picture here.

If you're so worried about sports, contact the idiot governors, mayors, Representatives, senators, and white house to get folks to wear masks, wash their hands, stay home. so we can get this thing under control.
I love the new matra of long term effects of covid. I mean its been around since 19, so we have so much data on long term effects

kcbob79clone

And now, kNu thinks they will play football even though their conference says “no”? This could get really good. They could be a team that no one wants. Lol

Somehow the past arrogance of the Fuskers makes it difficult for me to feel sorry for them

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

From the Weird Harold

They were both living like it was the 90's when they made that deal and neither got the memo that Nebraska, while decent in the late 2000's still wasn't NEBRASKA and hadn't been for a long, long while.

MartyFine

Jul 7, 2009
Warren Co., IA
No way in hell W. Virginia would ever end up in the Big 10, look at their academic standing, they are right down there with TT.
I have stated before if the Big 12 ever breaks apart, WV will end up being on the outside looking in, the ACC wants no part of them, and unless the SEC is desperate, and they are the only school left, then maybe the conference may take a chance on WV, otherwise its back to the American or the Big East.

The only Big 12 to Big 10 possibilities are Texas, KU, and Iowa St. with their AAU status...

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I would be absolutely disgusted with Big 12 leadership if they bailed Nebraska out.

I would take Nebraska back as a permanent member every day. Every Big 8 school hates them. Texas hates them. That kind of hate and regional cohesion is what makes college sports great. It's another easy road trip.

In no way, shape, or form would I support a one year bail out. If Nebraska wants to play with the Big 12 this year, they better be ready to do it again permanently and take some lumps in the process.

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019
I would take Nebraska back as a permanent member every day. Every Big 8 school hates them. Texas hates them. That kind of hate and regional cohesion is what makes college sports great. It's another easy road trip.

In no way, shape, or form would I support a one year bail out. If Nebraska wants to play with the Big 12 this year, they better be ready to do it again permanently and take some lumps in the process.
I would 100% take Nebraska back if they were in it for the long haul. A one year stint though? GTFO

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

They'd also be taking a reduced cut of any TV money for a long time IMO.

• Winner
Reactions: TykeClone

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Need to swap them out *cough Baylor* because the round robin/payback game has made B12 basketball and football fun as ****.

Reactions: Jonyrose

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Hey Big Red Butthurt, got something that might help with your pain:

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Bigman38

May 7, 2020
It was a 10-0 unanimous vote to go on with the season, so I don’t think anyone is in favor of ending it now.
We should play, and I hope other conferences do too. This would crush the Big 10. Iowa would suck forever, because, if you want to play football, you wouldn't go to the Big 10 anymore. Now is the time to make that conference irrelevant.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
We should play, and I hope other conferences do too. This would crush the Big 10. Iowa would suck forever, because, if you want to play football, you wouldn't go to the Big 10 anymore. Now is the time to make that conference irrelevant.

Any chance they would allow exempted transfers from the Big10 to Big12 to really give the Big10 a death wish?

Reactions: khardbored

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
As others have said, it seems unlikely things will be drastically different in the spring. So assuming the Big 10 ends up cancelling football this year, so all those seniors get another year of eligibility?

That could have big impacts on recruiting. Guys who thought they'd have a chance to start or compete for a backup role are all of a sudden 3rd string behind a couple super seniors.

Reactions: khardbored

May 7, 2020
As others have said, it seems unlikely things will be drastically different in the spring. So assuming the Big 10 ends up cancelling football this year, so all those seniors get another year of eligibility?

That could have big impacts on recruiting. Guys who thought they'd have a chance to start or compete for a backup role are all of a sudden 3rd string behind a couple super seniors.
I have heard that the Sr's will get another year of eligibility, which makes the class of '21 very complicated. There will be a lot of great players out on the market in my opinion, and hopefully we can get some of those guys. I truly think the NCAA should let kids transfer that want to play right away, but that could be really messy from a timeline perspective. We all know the season could be cancelled anytime, so it wouldn't make much sense for a kid to transfer with all of the uncertainty.

• Agree
Reactions: DSMCy

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron