• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
From what I've read the SEC is pressing to get the Big XIi to play. If we do I'd leverage loaning us Arkansas for the year. I know 13 doesn't work for a 10 game SEC schedule but A&M and Misery could do a home and home.

• Haha
Reactions: motorcy90

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
From what I've read the SEC is pressing to get the Big XIi to play. If we do I'd leverage loaning us Arkansas for the year. I know 13 doesn't work for a 10 game SEC schedule but A&M and Misery could do a home and home.

With 13 they could do a full 12 game season. We could do ten with the pig. Not a bad idea.

• Agree

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I have a son heading off to a college dorm in a few weeks. The school has made sensible modifications, like reducing class sizes, requiring masks, having many classes online only, reducing cafeteria usage, etc. But I do wonder how living in a dorm with 400 other disease vectors will work. Rumor is that they are going to test all dormies every two weeks, but I will believe it when I see it, logistically and funding-wise. I fully expect my son to be home around October sometime doing fully online classes.

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
You can live in your reality where you think you are smarter than everyone else.

You don't know nothing about me so how dare you say what you say. I wear my mask whenever I am out and practicing social distancing for a long time.

So how am I personally responsible unless I have more of a presence on Twitter than Gunnerclone thinks I do.
I know that you struggle with double negatives.

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
I heard on the radio, if a big 10 team plays outside of conference they could be out. Maybe if the league lets them off. Again all secondary information. Neb wants out of the big 10 anyway don't they?
I just don’t see how they would be allowed to do this. Like some sort of clause like that would make sense if the Big 10 was playing. It would seem the Big 10 decision to not play would then not allow them to enforce that. Otherwise say on a non revenue sport a team is dominate and everyone else sucks. The league could then vote to not play that sport and then the good team wouldn’t be allowed to play.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Nice, Big Xii pushing on. If they are really worried about the virus go buy a BIG insurance policy with all the extra $EC cash. Provide any and all Covid treatments (probably already covered by the insurance) and ADD a rider to cover any potential lawsuits. Shouldn't even be all that expensive as no one would ever be able to prove how someone (especially a student) got the virus).

ISUTex

May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I have a son heading off to a college dorm in a few weeks. The school has made sensible modifications, like reducing class sizes, requiring masks, having many classes online only, reducing cafeteria usage, etc. But I do wonder how living in a dorm with 400 other disease vectors will work. Rumor is that they are going to test all dormies every two weeks, but I will believe it when I see it, logistically and funding-wise. I fully expect my son to be home around October sometime doing fully online classes.

Will masks be required while banging in their dorm lofts?

• Haha

psychlone99

Apr 6, 2006
psychlone99.wordpress.com
IF they suck to their guns on this, does it put any pressure on the Big10 and PAC12 to reconsider? I imagine they're not thrilled at the idea of possibly being a college football afterthought this fall.

ClonesTwenty1

May 23, 2018
IF they suck to their guns on this, does it put any pressure on the Big10 and PAC12 to reconsider? I imagine they're not thrilled at the idea of possibly being a college football afterthought this fall.
I don’t wanna piss in anyone’s Cheerios, but I still don’t think any of this works out.