BIG OlE Contract Terms...$1 Million Signing Bonus

19Cy78

Mar 31, 2006
Sad day for the last good guy sport that greed hasn't ruined, just passion for the sport dies today!

Penn State Clips

Note the rich guy that just ripped our heart out...****!:skeptical:

In no way is JP at fault look at the crazy insane money that was thrown at the top leader in the sport. They don't want the nuts from iowa, they want to have a classy kid named Cael.

Moving forward if the team holds we are still in the title hunt!
Go State!

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
Mother of god that's a huge contract.

I don't know how you can possibly say it was anything other than the money. That's insane money for a wrestling coach. The first year, it's at LEAST 6 times what Cael was pulling in before, and maybe more like 8-10 times.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Sad day for the last good guy sport that greed hasn't ruined, just passion for the sport dies today!

Penn State Clips

In no way is JP at fault look at the crazy insane money that was thrown at the top leader in the sport. They don't want the nuts from iowa, they want to have a classy kid named Cael.

Go State!

good lord.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
If this holds, I can understand him leaving (understand, but doesn't mean I like it) for PSU. Would be good to know there isn't something else driving Cael away from ISU.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Penn State Clips

Go State!

That's just repeating the same rumors found on this site. As others have posted, Cale told reporters in Ames today he's not getting "anywhere near" $500,000, and not all that much more than he did at ISU.

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
If this turns out to be true, I guess you can't really blame him. Don't know why he claimed it wasn't much of a raise on TV, could have just admitted it.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007
If this turns out to be true, I guess you can't really blame him. Don't know why he claimed it wasn't much of a raise on TV, could have just admitted it.

He said it wasn't anywhere close..he didn't say it was less :D

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
An extra 400 thou a year is nothing for a school with a decent football program. HEll, we pay that out to coaches every year that dont even work here anymore. We could swing it.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
really torn on this. hope it is true as it really makes cael leaving a lot easier to swallow. walking out of a room an instant $1 million richer is hard to pass up. On the other hand i hope it is not true or wrestling as we know it is done. The Lehighs of the world can forget about it, shut them down. Iowa, tOSU, and PSU can decide who wants to buy national titles more.

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
Isn't there a new $4 million wrestling facilility there as well? That a ton of $$$ makes it hard to turn down, don't you think?

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
One of the 6:00 sports broadcasters said Cael would not give ISU an opportunity to make a counter offer. Don't know if that's true or not but if it is true, sounds like Cael wanted out of here and we have to wonder why.

Reactions: Kyle

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
One of the 6:00 sports broadcasters said Cael would not give ISU an opportunity to make a counter offer. Don't know if that's true or not but if it is true, sounds like Cael wanted out of here and we have to wonder why.

When this all shakes out, I'll bet we'll find that the Penn State money is all that much better than ISU's - then the questions will really have to start to be asked...

rbrook

Mar 23, 2006
Newton, IA
Visit site

He knew there was no way we could match, why bother. I think he feels a little bad about leaving, but he is looking out for his long term financial freedom.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron