Big Bang Theory Finale

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I really dont know why people have to bash this show. Sometimes it's nice to watch something that isn't heavy or reality tv.

So it has a laugh track. M

It's not enough for people to just ignore what they don't like any more. They have to actively **** on the things that other people like, as it makes them feel superior. See also; Game of Thrones, all Cyclone sports, everything else.

KnappShack

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
It's not enough for people to just ignore what they don't like any more. They have to actively **** on the things that other people like, as it makes them feel superior. See also; Game of Thrones, all Cyclone sports, everything else.

Can I at least still **** on Friends and the last Seinfeld?

Because those really really sucked.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Never sought out the show but I enjoyed watching random episodes when they were on. Gotta be smart enough to get the jokes, big problem for like 70% of humans.

The softball humor actually kind of grew on me more so than shows like 2 1/2 Men, but there's single Seinfeld segments that run circles around anything I ever saw out of Big Bang.

Each to their own and the characters were pretty funny so whatever.

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Wow. I can't think of a single loose end. I thought it was fantastc.

That fact that Sheldon's story arc was about this eccentric genius but at the VERY last minute he finds compassion and true love? Gimme a break. THAT is lazy writing and they rushed it so the whole thing is crap. Also no elephants and no dragons and no nudity. CRAP LAZY writing.

:)

• Funny
Reactions: Cyclonepride

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
That fact that Sheldon's story arc was about this eccentric genius but at the VERY last minute he finds compassion and true love? Gimme a break. THAT is lazy writing and they rushed it so the whole thing is crap. Also no elephants and no dragons and no nudity. CRAP LAZY writing.

:)

No doubt. He went from having no Nobel prize to having a Nobel prize in ONE EPISODE. Outrageous.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
The Big Bang Theory exists so that people of average intelligence can think they're smarter than everyone else.

A prime time network TV program for people of average intelligence was a big step up from just about everything else they show.

• Agree
Reactions: harimad and HFCS

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land

In fairness the first negative post was from a Big Bang Theory fan who claimed 70% of people aren't smart enough to understand a mass market prime time sitcom...that's probably the most insulting post of the thread.

That's dangling fresh meat for intellectual or even aspiring intellectual people to trash the show.

Compare it to the very similar "The IT Crowd" on BBC which came out a year earlier and is definitely a more clever and thoughtful show. BBT is not the worst show ever, not a regular viewer but I like it better than the average sitcom. It's also not an intellectual or overly clever show just because it has scientists.

Last edited:

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I mean, TV just sucks in general. Give me ISU football, NCAA basketball, or video games. Never been a movie or TV guy, but Big Bang was alright.
Couldn't disagree more. Yeah there are tons of terrible shows but there are tons of channels.
There are also great TV shows with great actors. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Daily Show (Jon Stewart), Arrested Development, Fargo, The Americans, Justified, have all been on within the last 10 years and that's before you get to pay cable like GoT, Sopranos, the Wire, Curb.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Couldn't disagree more. Yeah there are tons of terrible shows but there are tons of channels.
There are also great TV shows with great actors. Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Daily Show (Jon Stewart), Arrested Development, Fargo, The Americans, Justified, have all been on within the last 10 years and that's before you get to pay cable like GoT, Sopranos, the Wire, Curb.

With a few exceptions like Seinfeld, Twin Peaks, TNG and The X-Files 90s TV totally sucks compared to 90s movies which were amazing.

I feel like late 00s tv and 10s tv is leaps and bounds better than the movies from those years.

What comedy movies from the 00s or 10s are better than Chapelle Show, Curb or Arrested Dev? What drama movie is better than the Sopranos? The Marvel movies are great but so is GoT. What spy movie is better than The Americans?

Last edited:

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
All are worse than ISU football, basketball and video games. In the event I am watching TV, I'm usually doing something else at the same time, it just doesn't hold my attention.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I enjoyed the finale. Did not want it to end. Wife and I both laughed hard when leonard slapped Sheldon. Crazy to me how well off those 7 main characters will be after 12 years of work.

I agree, I thought it was well done. I will admit, we turn on the reruns pretty much every night when cleaning up after dinner and getting the kids ready for bed.