Big 12 preseason bets (futures)

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
I hate betting on baseball, so am really chomping at the bet for football to get underway. Here are win totals and what I'm taking for the Big 12 teams this year, numbers all from Draft Kings:

West Va 5.5 (under, Neil Brown gets fired)
Oklahoma 9.5 (under, right at 9 I think)
Texas 8.5 (under, right at 8)
Oklahoma State 8.5 (over, should push for Baylor for conference title)
Kansas 2.5 (over, I think they win 3)
TCU 6.5 (under, right at 6)
Iowa State 6.5 (over, I am predicting a 7-5 season)
Kansas State 6.5 (over, unfortunately)
Texas Tech 5.5 (number seems low, I think they can win 6 or 7)
Baylor 7.5 (easiest over as the bunch, I think they win the conference)

A few more, just for fun:

Iowa 7.5 (over, Big 10 west is just too much of a joke for Kirk not to win 8 games at this point)
Alabama 10.5 (over, my pick to win it all)
Nebraska 7.5 (under, ridiculous number for Frosts last ride in Lincoln)
Georgia 10.5 (under, they take a half step back to 10-2)

Big 12 Conference Winner:

Oklahoma is the smart pick at +200 but I like the juice on Baylor at +650 so will be sprinkling some on them no doubt.

Feel free to share some of yours!

Reactions: State2015

CyPhallus

Oct 19, 2021
If you had bet on the Texas under on win total every year for the past 20 years I wonder what the total return would be.

Reactions: Cyinthenorth

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020
Do we have the wrong read on Baylor? Why does the preseason league favorite only have a win total of 7.5?

Reactions: CascadeClone

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
For some reason, I think Venbales is going to have a bad year.
New coach and system. New qb, albeit experienced and w his old OC.

OK is gonna be really good or really meh. Like UT last year. Remember how they smoked a few teams, but then lost to OU and it was game over man. Except i could see OU starting meh and getting stronger thru the year.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
I hate betting on baseball, so am really chomping at the bet for football to get underway. Here are win totals and what I'm taking for the Big 12 teams this year, numbers all from Draft Kings:

Iowa 7.5 (over, Big 10 west is just too much of a joke for Kirk not to win 8 games at this point)

Oklahoma is the smart pick at +200 but I like the juice on Baylor at +650 so will be sprinkling some on them no doubt.

I agree with just about every prediction of yours except Georgia. I think they go 11-1. Of course they avoid Bama and TAMU on their schedule.

And hate to say it but the pillow fight that is the Big10 west means yes I'll probably bet on Iowa to get more than 7.5 wins...if they don't money well spent to watch the meltdowns

• Agree

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Do we have the wrong read on Baylor? Why does the preseason league favorite only have a win total of 7.5?
Admittedly I'm taking direction from @ChrisMWilliams on it, although I do know that they have a really good young QB and return a lot of talent on defense. The 7.5 number seems low, and if I were a in the business of projecting lines, I probably would have put it at 8.5.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
Admittedly I'm taking direction from @ChrisMWilliams on it, although I do know that they have a really good young QB and return a lot of talent on defense. The 7.5 number seems low, and if I were a in the business of projecting lines, I probably would have put it at 8.5.

They are AT OU, UT, ISU, WV, TT and BYU. That's some seriously tough road games. Best case maybe 4-2?

Conversely, their toughest home games are OkSt and TCU. Say they go 5-1 at home, they have to go 3-3 vs that road schedule.

All that said, I would still take the over.

CycloneFan1987

Apr 10, 2020
The easy money (hopefully) is taking Nebraska and Texas under on both their season win totals.

I like the picks for the other Big 12 teams (I like Cyclones with the over as well at 7-5, but probably just being optimistic) as well and have outlined below how Kansas reaches 3 total wins! (just for fun)

And if you are a real degenerate, you are looking at that Kansas win total and taking the over. I will be taking the over. Would love to hear what others think about Kansas going 2-1 in non conference (They will beat Tennessee Tech and win a close one against Duke, lose to Houston) and then beating 1 Big 12 conf. opponent. They have not reached 2 wins in conference play since 2008! Although you could see Lance Leipold making progress towards the last half of last season! Beating Texas and WV escapes by 6 points on the last game of the year.

I think Kansas steals one from West Virginia in week 2 or beats Texas Tech later in the year. Get ready to tell your kids about a 3 win Kansas team in 2022......

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
The easy money (hopefully) is taking Nebraska and Texas under on both their season win totals.

I like the picks for the other Big 12 teams (I like Cyclones with the over as well at 7-5, but probably just being optimistic) as well and have outlined below how Kansas reaches 3 total wins! (just for fun)

And if you are a real degenerate, you are looking at that Kansas win total and taking the over. I will be taking the over. Would love to hear what others think about Kansas going 2-1 in non conference (They will beat Tennessee Tech and win a close one against Duke, lose to Houston) and then beating 1 Big 12 conf. opponent. They have not reached 2 wins in conference play since 2008! Although you could see Lance Leipold making progress towards the last half of last season! Beating Texas and WV escapes by 6 points on the last game of the year.

I think Kansas steals one from West Virginia in week 2 or beats Texas Tech later in the year. Get ready to tell your kids about a 3 win Kansas team in 2022......
The degenerate in me wants to pick KU over 2.5! I would watch their games with baited breath all season. Someone should start a poll on who their one Big 12 win will be against.

BuschLight

Jul 24, 2022

I really like the Baylor over and Nebraska under

AppleCornCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2020

My concern with Kansas is that they might take a step back before they take a step forward. They’ve been the worst P5 program for over a decade now and that will take some time to turn around.

I’m a little worried about our game down there though. There’s a chance they’re 2-2 and have a little confidence, so we’ll need to be ready.

• Agree
Reactions: CascadeClone

Hoggins

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 2, 2019
I am considering taking Vegas -2.5 in the NFL preseason game tonight. Need football badly

Action Fanatics

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron